Ticked at Ebay feedback system

I am writing just to complain about feedback system.

I hate the feedback system as 60 days to leave feedback is not enough time.

When purchases are made it can take 90 days to get items from China or other countries by post.

I think it is unfair to both the buyer and seller.

As a buyer I have no way to let others know if a seller or item are good or bad as times is gone before i even get most packages.

Also sellers seem to drag their feet if past 60 days as there is no way to leave them feedback.

Ebay really needs to fix their system so feedback can be left for items for 3-6 months  and not the little 60 days.

That's all for my post.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Feedback is there to give buyers the warm fuzzies.

It is not used by eBay to measure seller performance and only positive feedback can be left for buyers.

When you ordered from your overseas seller, eBay gave you a window for delivery.

If your item has not arrived by the last estimated day for delivery,  don't fuss with feedback. It is irrelevant.

Instead go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Open an Item Not Received dispute.

It will be suggested that you contact the sellr.

All you need from him is the date of shipping, the service used, and a tracking number that shows the item is in Canada.

Or a prompt refund.

Do NOT let the seller persuade you to close the Dispute.

If you get no tracking and no refund, ask eBay to step in and escalate to a Claim.
If the seller cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded.

No feedback needed. All done by automagical machinery.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

i am sure if you look at an overseas seller there feedback , will already show slow shipping, items not received ,and low quality items.. Stop buying overseas..

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Feedback is there to give buyers the warm fuzzies.

It is not used by eBay to measure seller performance and only positive feedback can be left for buyers.

When you ordered from your overseas seller, eBay gave you a window for delivery.

If your item has not arrived by the last estimated day for delivery,  don't fuss with feedback. It is irrelevant.

Instead go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Open an Item Not Received dispute.

It will be suggested that you contact the sellr.

All you need from him is the date of shipping, the service used, and a tracking number that shows the item is in Canada.

Or a prompt refund.

Do NOT let the seller persuade you to close the Dispute.

If you get no tracking and no refund, ask eBay to step in and escalate to a Claim.
If the seller cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded.

No feedback needed. All done by automagical machinery.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the info and help.

I just always liked leaving feedback and only a couple times did i need to leave bad feedback.

Anyways thanks for the help.

Dell1dae1

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes, that's what I mean by the warm fuzzies.
But useless for resolving problems.
You have 30 days from the last delivery date for Resolution but 60 days from purchase for feedback.
In my opinion, if the seller can't choose a shipping service that will get the item to you in 60 days, he is not doing a good job.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

As a buyer I rely on the feedbacks left by other buyers so to me the seller's feedback standing is just another tool to evaluate his/her past performance.

I always read the negative FBs and the percentage of positive FBs to the number of items sold, one of the reasons that sellers insist on receiving 5 stars in all categories is, it affect their sales,.

On the other hand the feedbacks that sellers leave for buyers is totally useless and ineffective but I would never underestimate sellers feedbacks.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
@dell1dae1, while I'm impressed by your patience with surface mail and I do get irked by buyers who figure that two weeks is too long to wait for an item to arrive from another country (particularly the United States), I also think that 60-90 days is an unreasonably lengthy turnaround time in most cases.

The problem isn't with the feedback system.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply