Wrong voltage for buyer region. Voltage not mentioned in description. Item not as described?

ricarest
Community Member

Today I received an item I had ordered, but to my dismay, it is a 220V unit with a chinese mains plug and I am located in Canada. In the description there is no mention at all that this unit is only 220V. Of course I cannot use it and since the buyer pays for the return postage and it is much higher than the cost of the item, it doesn't make sense for me to send it back.

Does this qualify as "Item not as described"? In that case, I would get a full refund and the seller has to pay for return shipping. I think the seller omitted very important information that would have led me to shop elsewhere. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Wrong voltage for buyer region. Voltage not mentioned in description. Item not as described?

I think it would.

Worth trying in any case, since if you lose, you are no worse off.

Some hardware and electrical stores carry doohickeys that will correct the voltage, so there's that.

However, if the item does not carry a ULC/UL or CSA safety testing label, I would be loathe to use it in any case. It may nullify your house insurance.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply