I am a GST registered self employee, where to get the billing agent authorization form?

I am a GST registered self employee, where to get the billing agent authorization form? After signing this form, means I don't need to have the sale tax issued handled by my tax accountant in the future fiscal years?  Thanks. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I am a GST registered self employee, where to get the billing agent authorization form?

I'm not totally sure what you mean. If the form that you are referring to is to authorize ebay to collect taxes for you, they will not be collecting taxes for anyone until July.  I wasn't aware that they would be asking for a form to do that but if they are, they should let you know where you can find one or they will send it to you. 

But until they start collecting, you need to fill out the tax table for your listings. Right now your listings state that you collect tax but there are numbers entered on the table and when I added one of your items to my cart, there was no tax added.  If you have filled out the tax table already, then you need to associate those listings with the table. You should be able to do that in 'customize'.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The form is described as “forthcoming” in the notification email that eBay sent out to sellers.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

From the announcement:

"For GST/HST and/or QST registered sellers, eBay will be appointed as a billing agent for collection and remittance of Canadian sales taxes where the sales tax laws do not automatically require it. As such, eBay will require completion of billing agent authorization forms. A separate communication for GST/HST and QST-registered sellers will be forthcoming."

eBay will send an email when the form is available.

You or your accountant will still have to file the sales tax report with the government.  All the form does is allow ebay to associate the taxes collected/paid on your sales with your GST number. When you file your report you might be getting money back from the government. You should be keeping track of GST paid on your selling expenses. Those tax expenses can be recovered when you file.

-;-

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hello! You can visit this post we've created with links to access the forms. It includes the email address to submit them to as well. We hope this helps! 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply