Change to Sales Notification E-Mails

Why would eBay change the format of their sales notification emails to move the important parts to make the formatting completely illogical, and most importantly, REMOVE THE ITEM BEING SOLD?!?

How can I make sure a product I sell is region compatible when you show me the address, but not the item.
Then going into the order system (a previously unnecessary step)
You have the item listed, but it's attached to the name, but I can't see the address until I start to create a shipping label -or- cross reference BACK to the email

Furthermore, I make my own packing sheets, with information essential to my depot people filling the orders - which was essentially a copy-paste of the old email, with some color coding and bold/italic where needed.  I CAN'T DO THAT ANYMORE!

This completely unnecessary and totally backwards decision has butchered my workflow...  for absolutely ZERO reason whatsoever.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Change to Sales Notification E-Mails

Mine show the address and the item (the item is further down in the email).  It would be nice if it also included the custom label, but whatever.  It would be much better if we could customize them ourselves though. I guess you technically could if you requested API access.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

Mine show the address and the item (the item is further down in the email).  It would be nice if it also included the custom label, but whatever.  It would be much better if we could customize them ourselves though. I guess you technically could if you requested API access.

@flipistics 

Customization is definitely very limited compared to what was available in the past.

The nice thing with Shippo is you can modify the shipping address if necessary...before printing a label. Things like Street vs Ave corrections. Suite number if it's an apartment. Bad zipcodes.  (Similar edit is also available with eBay Labels but have abstained from using due its known shortcomings. Unable to confirm with  eBay labels if ph and email are included when you print label. 2 requirements for intl shipping along with quantities, prices, tax collected with an extended total when a detailed packing slip is required.  That information is all available/editable and displays no problem with Shippo. (Same goes for CP.)  None of those sections can be modified with the eBay packing slip tool and that carries over with printing address labels. So no way to update any typos/formatting issues when required.  (Many international countries have specific requirements when it comes to address format.... something eBay never seemed to consider.) 

The packing slip appears to have been designed by someone who has never really been involved in a business setting with information that IS supposed to be included. It's really a bit of a dog's breakfast. With a standard packing slip...Shipper is on left. Customer/Consignee is on right. Not the other way around. The  note from the customer with any special instructions is not visible when you print the packing slip. It is hidden on sold page and is extremely easy to miss. It should show. There are several other discrepancies but those are the major ones that come to mind.

In theory a seller should be able to use one system to do everything. Not a combination of all to cover the bases.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I should have clarified that I have Variations listings.  So I see the header product, but not the specific variation being sold.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply