How long does it take to clear Glendale Heights, IL, US and start moving again?

dca98135
Community Member

Apparently, my package was out for delivery and delivered Wednesday 7th to some Carol Stream or Glendale Hgts but has since disappeared into some FedEx or ebay wasteland. How long does it take before the package is going to be shipped to me here in Canada? I find it amusing that I can get a package from China quicker and at a lower cost than from our neighbours to the south. The seller made a point that they shipped the same day but from there, FedEx or ebay dropped the ball . I'm wondering if anyone else has experiences similar or i'm I just lucky.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

marnotom!
Community Member

As far as I know, FedEx doesn't have anything to do with eBay International Shipping.  If you've been seeing FedEx tracking for your item, that's the seller's choice of shipping method for shipping within the US, including to Carol Heights or Glendale Stream or whatever.  My latest purchase was forwarded through eIS and after clearing the hub in about three business days it was handled by Asendia with USPS/Canada Post shipping.  The actual shipping method may vary depending on the nature of the item and its final destination.

Is your purchase an electronic item?  With a lithium-ion battery?  Those items tend to take longer to clear the eIS hub--and may not make it out--as eIS is very squeamish about handling items with lithium-ion batteries and they need to be satisfied that the item can be shipped safely.

My advice is to stop worrying about your item and to stop checking the tracking until it's just about due to arrive.  I've come to the conclusion that we buyers have been oversold on the value of tracking.  It doesn't make our items arrive any faster or in better condition than items sent without it and gives us the illusion that we have some sort of control over the shipment.  Once the estimated delivery window has been reached, that would be the time to check to see if there have been problems getting your item to you and, if so, you can then prepare to file a claim for an undelivered item.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

What window were you given for arrival?
Mark the last estimated date on your calendar and try not to think about it until then.

FWIW, in over 40 years selling by mail order, and online selling is still mail order,it takes about 21 days for a parcel to move from anywhere in Canada to anywhere in the USA, and vice versa.

If it's faster, great.

Better to expect something in 20 days and have it arrive in 19 than to expect something in 15 days and have it arrive in 16.

The purpose of tracking is Seller Protection.

The purpose of eIS is Seller Protection.

EBay's Money Back Guarantee only allows Proof of Delivery as proof for an Item Not Received claim. 

When your purchase arrived in Glendale Heights, the eIS plant, about half an hour from O'Hare Airport, it is considered "delivered".

Message 3 of 3
latest reply