How long will it take to go from Glendale heights To Toronto?

en_5427
Community Member
I ordered my package march 25th and now it says it arrivied in Glendale. Will it arrive to me by next week? It says April 9-16 which is a long time
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

marnotom!
Community Member
Given that we’re now in a long weekend, I’m going to say that it’s unlikely.
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@en_5427 wrote:
I ordered my package march 25th and now it says it arrivied in Glendale. Will it arrive to me by next week? It says April 9-16 which is a long time

It's more like the week after the one currently displayed, or longer depending on the final destination and carriers involved.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@brettjet38 wrote:

It's more like the week after the one currently displayed, or longer depending on the final destination and carriers involved.

For what it's worth, my very limited experience with eIS-forwarded items is that they've reached my semi-remote location on Vancouver Island within the delivery time estimate, though barely.

I don't think the delivery time estimate changes if you change your postal code in the "shipping" section of the listing page, but I should check that out again sometime.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

What date did eBay give you for delivery?

Mark that in your calendar and DON'T WATCH TRACKNG.

It won't move any faster and it will upset you.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

At the longest estimate,it's 22 days of which seven are either weekends or holidays.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

What date did eBay give you for delivery?

OP’s post sez April 9-16 which is a long time.

As they're in Toronto, it will likely arrive on the early side of the date range.  And, yes, they probably have no reason to follow the tracking while they're waiting.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Have you received your package yet? Mine has been stuck at Glendale since April 1st...

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@bargain_hunter1991 

What is the last estimated date for delivery?
Mark that on your calendar, and don't watch tracking.

It won't move any faster.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

The last estimated date for delivery was April 15. Thoughts? I'm probably going to wait another week or two because I really want this item.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

apex_tac
Community Member

I had placed a rather time-sensitive order, at the beginning of the month and it has been stuck at Glendale Heights since the 5th of April, and it is currently the 19th (14 days). 

Tracking has not updated whatsoever, and the original delivery date estimate was April 15-23. It is paramount that my package arrives before the end of the month, but with the new international shipping program it does not seem likely whatsoever.

Definitely reconsider buying anything on eBay if the seller is located in the US (90% of listings), as the logistics system they use is an utter failure, even compared to the previous GSP.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@apex_tac wrote:

I had placed a rather time-sensitive order, at the beginning of the month and it has been stuck at Glendale Heights since the 5th of April, and it is currently the 19th (14 days). 

Tracking has not updated whatsoever, and the original delivery date estimate was April 15-23. It is paramount that my package arrives before the end of the month, but with the new international shipping program it does not seem likely whatsoever.

Definitely reconsider buying anything on eBay if the seller is located in the US (90% of listings), as the logistics system they use is an utter failure, even compared to the previous GSP.

devon@ebay 

Is eBay aware of the number of Canadian buyers reporting problems with eIS and its slowness? As of late this would be the number 1 reported issue reported on here. I have also seen several similar posts on the dot com board related to the subject. It is not helping that it is the default shipping method for US sellers. 

The majority of US to Canada mail services specify 6 to 10 business days. (Similar to what Canadian sellers routinely provide to US buyers. )

eIS quotes 15 to 25 "business?" days. A substantial difference.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@apex_tac wrote:

That seems a pretty drastic solution when one considers that not all US sellers use the eBay International Shipping system.  Some sellers have found that the system doesn't really work all that well for their sales but are still willing to ship more directly to their international buyers.  The trick, of course, is trying to find them.

You're also free to find your own forwarding system to use for sales where the seller doesn't ship to Canada, although some sellers are suspicious of these systems and use of these systems also limits the after-sales protections that eBay offers buyers.

Keep in mind that USPS is going through many changes in the name of "efficiency" that are orchestrated by a gentleman who supported the previous US president's election campaign.  There are signs that these changes aren't going particularlly smoothly.  eIS seems more reliant on the postal system than the old GSP, so there may be some sort of ripple effect that's affecting how the eIS hub is handling items.  It does look as the hub is getting pretty backed up at the moment.  The two items I purchased that were handled through the system got to me in the estimated timeframe, but this was several months to a year or so ago, @apex_tac.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Is eBay aware of the number of Canadian buyers reporting problems with eIS and its slowness? As of late this would be the number 1 reported issue reported on here. I have also seen several similar posts on the dot com board related to the subject. It is not helping that it is the default shipping method for US sellers. 

What is that "number," @lotzofuniquegoodies?  I know it seems like a lot because this discussion boards are slow compared to the .com ones and these posts tend to stick out here, but we have no idea how these posts compare to the bigger picture.  How many Canadian buyers are getting their eIS-forwarded shipments with no problems, and how many aren't bothering to post here when they have a problem?

Also, I suspect that slow turnaround at the hub would affect all buyers who have their items forwarded through eIS, so I think it's a bit nationalistic to frame this as a Canadian problem.

The majority of US to Canada mail services specify 6 to 10 business days. (Similar to what Canadian sellers routinely provide to US buyers. )

Where are you getting the "business days" quote from?  Listing pages don't express the delivery time for eIS items in terms of business days.  They give delivery dates on both .com and .ca for me.

As far as "the majority of US to Canada mail services" are concerned, as far as I know USPS doesn't generally give a firm delivery date range for First Class Package International, only that it "varies by destination."

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

What is that "number," @lotzofuniquegoodies?  I know it seems like a lot because this discussion boards are slow compared to the .com ones and these posts tend to stick out here, but we have no idea how these posts compare to the bigger picture.  How many Canadian buyers are getting their eIS-forwarded shipments with no problems, and how many aren't bothering to post here when they have a problem?

Also, I suspect that slow turnaround at the hub would affect all buyers who have their items forwarded through eIS, so I think it's a bit nationalistic to frame this as a Canadian problem.

Where are you getting the "business days" quote from?  Listing pages don't express the delivery time for eIS items in terms of business days.  They give delivery dates on both .com and .ca for me.

As far as "the majority of US to Canada mail services" are concerned, as far as I know USPS doesn't generally give a firm delivery date range for First Class Package International, only that it "varies by destination."

eBay does not actually a provide a description of what the estimate entails. (Holidays/customs/weekends?) Several years ago they chose to remove customs delays factored into those estimates. Helpful info for both buyers and sellers.  In theory stuff still moves in weekends but hard to know what eBay is actually using. Personally I've always referred to those estimates best case scenario but that's maybe just me!!!

I saw that First Class does not include a firm delivery time but seeing as ebay does not include that service I did not include in my 6 to 10 day official comparison. It might have been better if eBay had used an apples to apples comparison when they provide a window. If you check eBay's suggested time difference provided for shipping to the USA with both Small Packet Air and Tracked the difference is negligible which is not accurate. When you look up the same information at CP, they no longer even provide an estimate for the small packet air services to the USA and Internationally so unsure how eBay made up those estimates. (CP estimates are based on distance whereas USPS are based on just A to B.)

In hindsight it's too bad when eIS was dropped on sellers they didn't consider making it a back up vs the insistance to opt sellers in making it the default method for shipping. All I am trying to address is when there is an obvious problem with procedures they should be addressed. 

-Lotz

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1713545056359.png

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies, where did you find the 15-25 business day estimate for eIS shipments to Canada?

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies, where did you find the 15-25 business day estimate for eIS shipments to Canada?

Here's a random listing. Item located in Fargo ND....Shipping to Wpg. 360 km.

Shipping by eIS estimate -  Starting the meter on Monday works out 11 to 25 days. 

15 to 25 days is what I see regularly researching other items.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1713580255395.png

For plotzes & giggles I updated the delivery to Calgary and it shows the exact same delivery timeframes. 

-Lotz

@marnotom! 

Knowing what you know and have seen with the assorted problems attached to eIS if eBay offered it to Canadian sellers would you be first to sign up for it?

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Here's a random listing. Item located in Fargo ND....Shipping to Wpg. 360 km.

Shipping by eIS estimate -  Starting the meter on Monday works out 11 to 25 days. 

15 to 25 days is what I see regularly researching other items.

You originally stated the shipping time for an eIS-forwarded item in terms of "business days," @lotzofuniquegoodies. which is why I pressed you for clarification.  It appears that you're actually using calendar days.

Shipping time from Monday, April 22 to Monday, May 13 is exactly three weeks, or 21 calendar days, not 25, and from Monday April 22 to Wednesday May 1 is nine calendar days, not fifteen.  I don't think that time range has changed since eIS was unleashed and, as (I think) you suggest, it seems to cover Canada as a whole and isn't region-specific.

Did you notice that the DDP shipping option is less expensive than the DDU option?  I'm assuming that even though there is no duty on this item, that the DDP option would have the buyer pay taxes at checkout.

Knowing what you know and have seen with the assorted problems attached to eIS if eBay offered it to Canadian sellers would you be first to sign up for it?

I'm rarely the first to sign up for anything or buy brand new products straight out of the gate.  One of the reasons I buy used vehicles rather than new ones (besides the fact that they're less expensive) is that used vehicles have a chance to develop a model history of bugs and quirks which gives me more information to work with when deciding to purchase.

I'm also of the option that a made-in-Canada eIS would look quite different than its US counterpart, just as Target Canada was quite a different animal than Target USA, and that the differences would likely turn off a lot of picky Canadian sellers.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@apex_tac wrote:

devon@ebay 

-Lotzofuniquegoodies.

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! The Shipping and Product team is aware of this and they are looking into ways to make the process more efficient. I will be sure to also pass along the feedback that has been shared in this thread. 

Message 19 of 19
latest reply