please help me with a parcel not received & an issue with seller

anddev_78
Community Member

I didn't receive my item. Tracking number says, it's missing. Seller isn't responding to my messages. Tried to contact Ebay by phone but it's temp unavailable. I want my purchase or my money back. Help anyone?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

To the left of the item you purchased in your buyer's dashboard (My eBay -> Purchases) select "I didn't receive it" from the drop down menu.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You can open an eBay Dispute for Item Not Received for 30 days after the last estimated date in the delivery window eBay gave you.

The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller.

All you want from him is a prompt refund. (You could also ask for the service used and the shipping date, but that's just smoke and mirrors. A confirmation of the tracking number could be useful.)

If you don't get it, escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

It's all robots. Calling eBay slows things down and if the clerk is bright she will just tell you to open the Dispute.

If you missed the 30 day deadline, you can open a Dispute on Paypal.

Their Resolution Centre is under Tools at the top of your PP page. You have 180 days from payment for this.

And you are also covered by the credit card you used to back your PP account.

If you have more questions, feel free to come back to this thread.

And if you

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

OP also has another thread with this information.

I purchased item 2 months ago. Seller charged me for her paypal service which she was not supposed to do. I didn't receive my item & it's been 2 months. Tracking number says, it's missing. The seller isn't responding to my messages. She ripped me off. I either want my parcel or my money back. Can't even contact ebay or paypal. They're not helpful. Can't report the seller without complications. It should be straight forward, & it's not. Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

If it has been two months since payment you are covered by Paypal (and possibly by your credit card.

If it has been two months since the last estimated delivery date, you are no longer covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks, but I don't have paypal acct.  I only opened up a paypal acct to contact them about this issue. And when I did, I sent them all my info regarding the item, track #, etc, & they claim they don't have a record.  I keep hitting bumps & I'm not getting anywhere.  I tried everything that's been said to try, including the dispute for the item not received. Ebay & Paypal are not useful.  I'm about to delete my acct & go elsewhere to shop online.  Thanks for your help anyway.  I appreciate the effort.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

how did you pay for the item, PayPal is the only payment allowed to be used in Canada.. even if you used a credit card , Paypal would have processed it..

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I paid using credit card.  The seller is in China & she used her paypal.  Anyway, I just received the item now.  A little late, but all is well.  I won't get resolution about being over charged, but I'm not going to fret about it.  Not worth it.  Thanks for your reply.  I appreciate it.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

We're still puzzled.

Do you mean you purchased as a Guest Buyer? Those buyers are allowed to buy directly with a credit card, but Paypal processes the payment.

The seller always pays a fee for accepting the PP payment, which is how it appears to us sellers, we don't even know that the buyer* doesn't have a PP account.

The fee is 30 cents and 2,9-4.4% of the payment depending on the buyer's location**.

Did all buyers suddenly get the ability to pay using a card directly? When did that happen? Should I actually be reading those PP updates?

*Although we can guess based on the ID  because guest buyers have a very distinct format.

**It's complicated.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply