Notes to Buyers not being included on invoices sent (Canadian eBay site)

I have noticed that in the last couple of weeks, I have been sending invoices to buyers with notes on payment, combined shipping etc. The invoices that I receive copies of do not include the note, and a buyer confirmed to me today that they do not see my notes.

This used to work. I am using the Canadian site - so many things that have been broken on ebay.ca (and not fixed - such as problems with ebay shipping labels etc. etc.) do not have the same problem on ebay.com.

Does eBay do any QA on the Canadian site? If they hired someone to create an account on eBay.ca, and try a few transactions, it would go along way to realising the problemes, rather than having their customers do alpha testing and waste time contacting support who usually tell you there is nothing wrong!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@historysci wrote:

I have noticed that in the last couple of weeks, I have been sending invoices to buyers with notes on payment, combined shipping etc. The invoices that I receive copies of do not include the note, and a buyer confirmed to me today that they do not see my notes.

This used to work. I am using the Canadian site - so many things that have been broken on ebay.ca (and not fixed - such as problems with ebay shipping labels etc. etc.) do not have the same problem on ebay.com.

Does eBay do any QA on the Canadian site? If they hired someone to create an account on eBay.ca, and try a few transactions, it would go along way to realising the problemes, rather than having their customers do alpha testing and waste time contacting support who usually tell you there is nothing wrong!

@historysci 

devon@ebay 

Confirmed this is the case with a revised invoice just sent. My note to customer is MIA. Can you pass this on to support please? These notes can often be critical and should be readily available. From both perspectives.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@historysci wrote:

@historysci 

devon@ebay 

Confirmed this is the case with a revised invoice just sent. My note to customer is MIA. Can you pass this on to support please? These notes can often be critical and should be readily available. From both perspectives.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I can make sure to have this passed along to the correct team for review. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks Devon,

I am not being sarcastic about my suspicion that eBay doesn't do any QA on the ebay.ca site for seller workflow. I am trying to offer helpful suggestions, because, I think, maybe they are needed. Would it be too difficult to do as I suggest and create test accounts and listings on ebay.ca (and test with ebay.com listings for example) to have someone go through the experience that Canadian sellers have to go through? I would expect, having worked in software and technology companies for most of my career, this is just basic good business practice and should not be something new to the development team. That means having a checklist to got through all the menus and try things that sellers will do. The problems we see are things badly broken with the most basic fundamental functions to use eBay.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@historysci wrote:

@historysci 

devon@ebay 

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I can make sure to have this passed along to the correct team for review. 

@historysci 

Please and thank you devon@ebay . I sent a custom message to the buyer for payment about the 2 shipping options for a recent sale. The message is being purged and all they see is this.

Thank you for shopping on eBay! Your total amount due is C $23.17. More details about your purchase are included below.

There is no copy of actual note below. Please review message 4 for a relative additional opinion. Thanks. 

-Lotz

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for posting, I didn't realize this was happening but just looked back on my last several invoices and there were no notes attached. I was curious so kept going back and last invoice with my note still attached was October 10th. I don't send a lot of invoices, only when combining shipping. Interestingly though the notes FROM my buyers still show up with payment. I have one that is so very friendly and she always wishes me a nice weekend, etc. and now I see my responding back has not been sent. Not a biggie but yet another change I wasn't aware of until this post.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

Thanks for posting, I didn't realize this was happening but just looked back on my last several invoices and there were no notes attached. I was curious so kept going back and last invoice with my note still attached was October 10th. I don't send a lot of invoices, only when combining shipping. Interestingly though the notes FROM my buyers still show up with payment. I have one that is so very friendly and she always wishes me a nice weekend, etc. and now I see my responding back has not been sent. Not a biggie but yet another change I wasn't aware of until this post.

@msau4301 

devon@ebay 

It would be interesting to know if messages are being attached when a seller sends a random offer? Because there is no "paper trail", there isn't a record. Only other way to check would be if you responded with a counter offer.  With those they include an email acknowledgement.

Same goes for refunds. Prior to the calculator with discount being applied I was having to send refunds regularly. I always include an explanation. To my recollection I never received a response to any of those messages. Were the messages actually being included?

-Lotz

Message 7 of 7
latest reply