Rate and Review content is lost if you leave the page

natrist
Community Member

The Rate and Review system does not save the state of its input fields between page reloads.

Example:
I receive a notification asking me to fill in a product review for a product I have purchased recently.

I fill in the Rate and Review fields. Once I click the Submit button, a dialog box appears and tells me I have to log in and I lose the content of the page when I return.

See attached screenshot.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@natrist wrote:

The Rate and Review system does not save the state of its input fields between page reloads.

Example:
I receive a notification asking me to fill in a product review for a product I have purchased recently.

I fill in the Rate and Review fields. Once I click the Submit button, a dialog box appears and tells me I have to log in and I lose the content of the page when I return.

See attached screenshot.

If it's something you do on a regular basis you can copy the field you plan on sending.. That way you will have it saved and can paste in on your return. Have had that happen with detailed discussion posts. So now do that as a reflex.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hello @lotzofuniquegoodies ,

Thank you for the suggestion.

Unfortunately it is still not an acceptable solution in the long term, as it causes an important UX problem.

I am hoping to receive an official reponse from eBay on this topic.

Regards from Canada,

natrist

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@natrist wrote:

Unfortunately it is still not an acceptable solution in the long term, as it causes an important UX problem.

Regards from Canada,

natrist

Best way to hear something official is with eBay's twitter/facebook account or you can attach as follows. Devon drops in from time to time or when he gets tagged.

devon@ebay 

Can you follow up on this for OP please.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@natrist wrote:

Regards from Canada,

natrist

Best way to hear something official is with eBay's twitter/facebook account or you can attach as follows. Devon drops in from time to time or when he gets tagged.

devon@ebay 

Can you follow up on this for OP please.

-Lotz

Thank you for the tag @lotzofuniquegoodies@natrist I will make sure to share this with the correct team and if they need more information I will be sure to reach back out!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply