eBay App Issue - iOS

mootsy
Community Member
Hello,

Today, when I go to any listing, I cannot see the Item Description. It just says “Item description from the seller” and there’s nothing to expand to see the actual item description. This occurs even after closing the app and reopening it, and occurs for any listing I go to.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay App Issue - iOS

mootsy
Community Member
Naturally I can’t add an attachment picture from my iPhone as eBay doesn’t allow jpeg files to attach. Eyeroll.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

eBay App Issue - iOS

marnotom!
Community Member
I don’t have the description viewing issue when I view listings using Chrome and the mobile version of the site on an iPhone 8 Plus. What happens when you use the website instead of the app?

But, yeah, the options available on the Canadian community boards with mobile are quite limited compared to the US community boards.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

eBay App Issue - iOS

I just checked and have no problem with mine either. Sometimes there are just random glitches (often!?) with the site and hopefully it magically re-appears!

I know when I look at mine there is first "Item description from seller" and underneath is actually the Seller Notes I put in under condition (Used). Beside that there is a little arrow on the right that when clicked then shows me the actual description. Alternatively there is in blue "Show More" and clicking that also shows the description. Do you have that side arrow or the blue "Show More". Even if you just have one maybe it's still under there? 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

eBay App Issue - iOS

I just realized I think you are referring to other people's listings not your own. I just realized I can see the description on my own listings.....but not on anyone elses!! I just checked all items in my watch list. You are not alone! It is only this way on the app version as you say, my desktop version is normal.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply