July 14 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening up the chat for your questions this week. I'll work on finding answers for you tomorrow afternoon. 

See you then!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I sold an item with the title " New Mickey Mouse Necklace #2" The buyer said a "#2 necklace should be 2" and it wasn't 2". First of all there is no such thing.

I once had 2 different items with the same title and got into trouble and was told to put #2 beside the 2nd item to be able to sell it, so that's why the #2 was there.  I called ebay and was told if a buyer clicks on "Item not as described" they can return it and the seller  pays for the shipping, I tried to explain that the buyer got exactly what was listed by picture and description, and was told it didn't matter. All the buyer has to do is say it's not as described. 

In the end the ebay agent told me she didnt' realize it was such a cheap item and not worth fighting about (less than $5.00) and refunded the amount they took back. 

But How is this fair? Is there anything at all we can do to be covered when we are in the right?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Unable To Leave Feedback As A Seller

This function has been broken for weeks, so could you please have ebay issue the following statement to all members.

"Due to technical problems at ebay for the past few weeks, Canadian sellers may be prevented from leaving positive feedback for their customers.  Correcting this problem is not a priority for ebay so we can not predict when or if this issue will be resolved."

Thanks for you help.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

when i sell multibles of the same item, i say lotA, or lotB, for my own purposes..

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@ssales12 

Are you sure that this function is really broken? I have been leaving feedback for my buyers although I have noticed that sometimes I have to click on leave feedback then go back and than click on it once again in order to leave the feedback. The first time it says feedback already left, second time it works fine. I am using my desktop pc when doing this. May be different on a phone using the app.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

When ebay invoiced seller fees monthly, the Top Rated Seller Discount of 10% was calculated on the full month's total amount of final value fees, no matter whether the fees were from sales in USD on ebay.com or from sales in CAD on ebay.ca.

With managed payments, only sales on EBAY.CA qualify for the 10% Top Rated Seller Discount. Why this change? Please explain why sellers no longer receive this discount after changing over to managed payments.

Unless I am mistaken. To verify, maybe others can respond about their own accounts.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Broken for all multi item orders since June 15th.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I sell lots of Music books and up until the other day I ship them media mail. All of a sudden it's telling me I can't use media mail in this category (sheet music and Music books)  Any Idea why this has changed.  All my shipping prices are under the assumption that i ship that way

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I and others on another discussion have run into the problem of not being able to edit an existing listing in comic book category. When ever I try, it just give the error message "It looks like there's a problem with this listing. Sorry, something went wrong. Please wait a moment and try again."

Won't even let me edit/change the price from the Manage Active Listings page.

Help?!

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

I sold an item with the title " New Mickey Mouse Necklace #2" The buyer said a "#2 necklace should be 2" and it wasn't 2". First of all there is no such thing.

I once had 2 different items with the same title and got into trouble and was told to put #2 beside the 2nd item to be able to sell it, so that's why the #2 was there.  I called ebay and was told if a buyer clicks on "Item not as described" they can return it and the seller  pays for the shipping, I tried to explain that the buyer got exactly what was listed by picture and description, and was told it didn't matter. All the buyer has to do is say it's not as described. 

In the end the ebay agent told me she didnt' realize it was such a cheap item and not worth fighting about (less than $5.00) and refunded the amount they took back. 

But How is this fair? Is there anything at all we can do to be covered when we are in the right?

Hi @bunbar - we look at the stated reason for the return and determine return shipping accountability based on that. 

The best way to cover yourself in a situation like this would be to consider offering free returns. That will allow you to deduct up to 50% of the item's cost from the refund if it arrives back in a different condition than it was described, as well as qualify you for up to an $8 shipping label subsidy. You can read more about this protection (as well as the qualifications) here. Go to Read more about seller protections>A buyer falsely claims an item was not as described for details. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@ssales12 wrote:

Unable To Leave Feedback As A Seller

This function has been broken for weeks, so could you please have ebay issue the following statement to all members.

"Due to technical problems at ebay for the past few weeks, Canadian sellers may be prevented from leaving positive feedback for their customers.  Correcting this problem is not a priority for ebay so we can not predict when or if this issue will be resolved."

Thanks for you help.

Hi @ssales12 - this is a known issue that is being worked on, thanks for your patience while it gets sorted out!

I'm not able to promise you that a proactive communication would be sent regarding this, but I'll make the suggestion. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@lotsa.luck wrote:

When ebay invoiced seller fees monthly, the Top Rated Seller Discount of 10% was calculated on the full month's total amount of final value fees, no matter whether the fees were from sales in USD on ebay.com or from sales in CAD on ebay.ca.

With managed payments, only sales on EBAY.CA qualify for the 10% Top Rated Seller Discount. Why this change? Please explain why sellers no longer receive this discount after changing over to managed payments.

Unless I am mistaken. To verify, maybe others can respond about their own accounts.

Hi @lotsa.luck  - I've been seeing these reports as well, but haven't been able to find definitive information. I'll see if I can get more detail and will keep you posted as I hear back. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

I sell lots of Music books and up until the other day I ship them media mail. All of a sudden it's telling me I can't use media mail in this category (sheet music and Music books)  Any Idea why this has changed.  All my shipping prices are under the assumption that i ship that way

Hi @bunbar - that doesn't sound correct to me, my understanding is that Media Mail should include printed music. Will you grab me a screenshot or example item number I can use to report it further? If you put it in a new thread on Seller Central I'll grab it later this evening. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@kosmic64 wrote:

I and others on another discussion have run into the problem of not being able to edit an existing listing in comic book category. When ever I try, it just give the error message "It looks like there's a problem with this listing. Sorry, something went wrong. Please wait a moment and try again."

Won't even let me edit/change the price from the Manage Active Listings page.

Help?!

Hi @kosmic64 - I tagged you in a thread you mentioned this with earlier today. This is something we're aware of and working on, but the tech team has requested a few examples. If you'll include them in that thread I can make sure they receive them so they can hopefully get this corrected sooner than later. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week! It's now closed, but will return on the 28th!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 16
latest reply