March 2 2022 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I'll work on replies tomorrow afternoon. 

See you then!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: March 2 2022 Weekly Session

Any plans to do the 100k free listings promo again in the near future?

For me at least, it certainly gave me the push I needed to get up off my butt and sell all the stuff laying around my house that I don't need/want anymore. I'll admit I am finding it fun, but it wouldn't make any financial sense for me to shell out money for a store after this promo ends - especially with the increase in selling fees and the fact I'm just selling stuff from my house mostly. When it ends on the 29th this month, I'll reduce my listings to the 250 free we get per month, but if the 100k ZIF promo ever came back, I would probably add all my listings again.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Can you please do something about the growing number of posters here using the "F" word with an asterisk or two to replace letters we're familiar with? Please do something about posts eluding to profanity.

IE: Feb 28

"Doing everything as directed by eBay and got F*cked as the result (we are sorry for your experience)"

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Doing-everything-as-directed-by-eBay-and-got-F-cked-as-t...

Is it just me? I'm sick of this. Everyone reads it as the full F word.  Toxic posts aren't condusive to a positve forum. Complaints are fine but eluding to profanity is the same as using profanity. 

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

It was previously announced in the January Seller Update (and via the Announcements board on this forum) that eBay would extend seller protections for the severe weather disruptions during that month, and as such, any associated negative or neutral feedback would be removed. I currently have a neutral feedback because of slower delivery caused by said weather disruptions, and I would appreciate assistance with having it removed. Comments left by the buyer paint a positive experience otherwise, stating that I was a great seller, I was communicative throughout and the items they purchased were in great condition, so shipping was the sole issue.

Thank you so much for your help with this.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I appreciate being recognized by eBay today for my 15th anniversary of selling here.

I have to wonder though why eBay can recognize that I have been selling here for 15 years but, when I closed my store for 6 months, because I was away, they treated me as a new seller when I re-opened it and initially limited me to 100 items which has now been increased to 180.  All of my store settings and site preferences were still in place as well as my feedback.  eBay even displayed the number of sales I have had over the years. 

Because of Covid we did not travel back and forth from our summer home very often in 2020.   I was never away before for more than 30 days and did not realize that there was a 30 day limit.  I found out the hard way when I returned home in October of 2020 to find all of my items for sale and unfulfilled orders.  I quickly contacted buyers and immediately shipped the items but the majority of them filed INR disputes.  They were all refunded because I don't provide tracking and they kept the items when they received them.  I lost a fair amount of money in the process as well as getting dinged in my feedback.  I closed the store last summer because again, with Covid, I could not guarantee that I would be home within the 30 days and also keep the store open for two days before leaving again.  Now I am faced with ending all of my listings this coming summer but still having to pay store fees because I am locked into a twelve month period (not by choice).

I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter. 

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Howdy - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I'll work on replies tomorrow afternoon. 

See you then!
Tyler

Hello Tyler,

Last month I sent a order to Edmonton. 3 hrs from Calgary with a tracked service on the 7th. It arrived overnight in Edmonton on the 8th. There was an error scan message but this has now disappeared. There has been no further updates for tracking confirming delivery. Last message as follows:

Feb. 88:15 am
Item processed
Edmonton, AB
Additional information
  • Feb 8, 2022
  • 8:15am
  • Item processed
  • EDMONTON, AB
Tracking details
CPC tracking #  xxxxxxx
  • Feb 8, 2022
  • 8:15am
  • Item processed
  • EDMONTON, AB

The item has arrived at the destination facility for final sorting before delivery. Look for an "Out for Delivery" scan today or tomorrow to know when delivery will occur. You can also sign up for email notifications. Nothing further.

In opening up a trace after much back and forth with CP they are asking me again to provide a phone number which I did originally. The phone number is not active. They have now repeated the request for a valid phone number and an email address. Because this order went out over 2 weeks ago the eBay email address is no longer available. This was a definite concern when eBay chose to remove actual personal email addresses and replace with the garbled one. Even more when eBay chose to remove shortly after a sale has been paid and shipped but in most cases not received.

This information is also required for consignee inquiries by customs(officially noted on foreign postal websites) and/or  damage claims.

Unfortunately the ebay email addresses are NOT a reliable method for sending after the fact emails because of the many blockers/filters in play and often never arrive or are seen. On the other hand, buyers routinely check their personal email  which in past WAS attached within eBay. There is a chance this item was delivered but I have no way to confirm and risk losing this claim because I am unable to assist CP with the info they require. As a seller the sale isn't complete until the item HAS been received(confirmed delivery) and the buyer is happy. I am not the first to run across this issue and will not be the last.

Comments please.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Continued from post 7.

Message from CP recieved tonight.

NOTE: At this point we are unable to proceed with the investigation as we do not have the contact information for your addressee. Please provide the receiver's name, email address and/or phone number 

-Lotz

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@canada_goose_whisperer 

Check  your Seller Hub.

I have 100K on both my dot CA accounts and 10K on my dotCOM accounts, for Basic stores.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

...are you for REAL!

The use of the `f` word is all over media, on TV, Podcasts, everywhere, if that word offends you, the time has come that you move on...

FY btw has been around since the time of ROBIN HOOD, it actually comes from Nottinghamshire, it's used as a common word nowadays by everyone including Fast Food workers.

I think in this world today we have bigger issues than an abbreviated `F word.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

...maybe you should find some other interests other than "Policing" eBay, they have MODS for that on here if I am not mistaken.

And if my memory serves correctly even Tyler has liked a few of those "useless graphics" in the past as have I. I guess your sense of humor is limited.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Hi Tyler

When I receive "replies" to messages or "new" messages from a member you cannot type more than one character, it gets stuck. This has been discussed here but in order to reply you have to use "note pad" "cut & & paste" or the app to reply.

This has been like this for months and months. And, no as a "client" I should not be needing to use "workarounds" to respond to other members.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@femmefan1946 

Yeah, I've got it too. It ends on the 29th of this month though... I was curious if they will extend it or do it again in the future after that. I like to list lots of my old stuff, but I'm not comfortable putting capital upfront for a store considering the number of glitches on this site and how quickly they get fixed. Nothing against you tyler@ebay, I know you did everything you could to help us out and I very much appreciate the fact you did so, as it probably would've taken even longer to fix the listing template issue had you not been advocating for us.

If the free listing promo came back, I would list again. But as it stands, I won't list any more than the 250 free we get once it ends.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@brettjet38 

I am as real as they come. I think you replied to the wrong message though lol

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I did. LOL 

I cannot believe people melt over the use of the "F" word, I grew up in Nottingham it's was used at least 2-3 times in every sentence.

Nowadays, it's in more songs than not, and it's not "Abbreviated" unless your in McD

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

By "this month" do you mean February or March? 

All the promotions that I recall ran month to month. I could be mis-remembering.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

It's still annoying though.

I once told someone who used it in relation to the previous president of the USA, "Don't. That's how we got Don Jr, Eric and Ivanka."

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@canada_goose_whisperer wrote:

Any plans to do the 100k free listings promo again in the near future?

For me at least, it certainly gave me the push I needed to get up off my butt and sell all the stuff laying around my house that I don't need/want anymore. I'll admit I am finding it fun, but it wouldn't make any financial sense for me to shell out money for a store after this promo ends - especially with the increase in selling fees and the fact I'm just selling stuff from my house mostly. When it ends on the 29th this month, I'll reduce my listings to the 250 free we get per month, but if the 100k ZIF promo ever came back, I would probably add all my listings again.

Thanks.

Hi @canada_goose_whisperer - I haven't heard any plans to extend or reintroduce that particular promotion other than what's been previously announced. I will make sure that this feedback gets to the marketing folks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Can you please do something about the growing number of posters here using the "F" word with an asterisk or two to replace letters we're familiar with? Please do something about posts eluding to profanity.

IE: Feb 28

"Doing everything as directed by eBay and got F*cked as the result (we are sorry for your experience)"

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Doing-everything-as-directed-by-eBay-and-got-F-cked-as-t...

Is it just me? I'm sick of this. Everyone reads it as the full F word.  Toxic posts aren't condusive to a positve forum. Complaints are fine but eluding to profanity is the same as using profanity. 

Thank you. 

Hi @intimewithmusic - we do have profanity filters in place that should replace vulgarity with an entirely bleeped out term (it will replace it with **Bleep**). Evading these filters to partially obscure profanity is a violation of our guidelines. You can report this to the moderators by choosing the drop down arrow and selecting 'Report inappropriate content'. I'll get this reported from my end.

It's difficult to add that particular evasion to the auto-bleep filter as it reads as a wildcard search term and I want to avoid accidentally bleeping out anything that starts with the letter F. That actually happened for an afternoon last year on .com and was amusing, but made things very confusing to read. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Is there still a way to correct(update) Store link icon. This was possible in 2021 but looks now the option is no longer available. If someone clicks on my store from the See All Items link they receive the following message:

Store link 2.jpg

The links all work fine from Sellers Hub, Feedback and Visit Stores. Customer service could see that it was working improperly but had no solution.

Has this help link been partially disabled.

http://www.pages.ebay.com/storefronts/update/

-Lotz

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@nostalgicaftertaste wrote:

Hi Tyler,

It was previously announced in the January Seller Update (and via the Announcements board on this forum) that eBay would extend seller protections for the severe weather disruptions during that month, and as such, any associated negative or neutral feedback would be removed. I currently have a neutral feedback because of slower delivery caused by said weather disruptions, and I would appreciate assistance with having it removed. Comments left by the buyer paint a positive experience otherwise, stating that I was a great seller, I was communicative throughout and the items they purchased were in great condition, so shipping was the sole issue.

Thank you so much for your help with this.

Hi @nostalgicaftertaste - I'm sorry, but I'm not able to assist with account specific support like this through the boards. If you haven't already, I recommend contacting via social media (Twitter or Facebook) because I know those teams well and can vouch for their expertise. Additionally, I like the benefit of being able to send a private message and not have to wait on hold or for a callback. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 25
latest reply