Horrible delays for items from Asia (China, etc)

oragex
Community Member

Items from China take 2 months to arrive to Canada, if they ever arrive.

There is but one single reason: CBSA Canada Border Services Agency is delaying items for inspection.  What's more, I have no idea what the Agency is doing with opened items that contain nothing illegal.  Do they tape back the packages and send them to destination?

You can complain about the delays here  http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/feedback-retroaction-eng.html

Do not blame the Ebay sellers, or ask for refund. They will stop selling to Canada. It's only Canada who has this issue.  I have already noticed several sellers from China don't ship to Canada any more.

The best choice, is to ask the seller to ship using Expres China post.  It costs an extra 1-2 dollars and takes 1 week to arrive.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

You do realize what 'they' are looking to find while 'they' cause this mild inconvenience to people who import cheap goods form China, right? Fentanyl and worse. It kills people. Your fellow Canadians.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Q. Do they tape back the packages and send them to destination?

A. Of courser they do. If your order has been inspected by Customs officers and re-selaed, you will get a notice card stating that in the box. And usually re-sealed by tape marked Customs Inspection. 

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

"I have already noticed several sellers from China don't ship to Canada any more."

Is ebay aware that you are interfering in its site management? If not, they will be now. I don't texpect the corporation will appreciate your interference in the business of its sellers. 

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

"You can complain about the delays here  http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/feedback-retroaction-eng.html"

Thank you for the link. I will be using it to send along my compliments and commendations on a job well-done in protecting Canadian citizens from the importation of illegal counterfeit goods, and illicit and dangerous drugs. 

I appreciate how easy you have made it for myself and other ebay users to tell Customs exactly how much we appreciate the work they do to protect us all from harm. 

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

@oragex wrote:

Items from China take 2 months to arrive to Canada, if they ever arrive.

There is but one single reason: CBSA Canada Border Services Agency is delaying items for inspection.  What's more, I have no idea what the Agency is doing with opened items that contain nothing illegal.  Do they tape back the packages and send them to destination?

Items will arrive eventually.  But right now with the increased vigilance by CBSA there will be delays.  There is but one single reason:  Chinese are mailing deadly drugs into our country.  

Hip-Hip-Hooray for CBSA for doing their utmost to stop it.  If you are unsure what the furor is about, see the following links.  This drug is frightening, considering that " carfentanil is so deadly that an amount smaller than a poppy seed can kill a person", as stated in the article.  So you can see how even tiny amounts must be kept out of the country.  

http://globalnews.ca/news/3043678/chinese-trade-of-deadly-opioid-carfentanil-thrives-at-the-cost-of-...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/carfentanil-exports-china-ap-investigation-1.3795415

Items that do not contain anything illegal (drugs or counterfeit goods) will be mailed on to the buyers, the packages sealed up with yellow packaging tape with "Border services" all over it.  

And for items that do not arrive, PayPal gives people 180 days (which is really about 6 months) to file a claim from the date they paid.  That's a long time.  

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

The issue is not that CBSA is doing it's job to protect Canada. The issue is they obviously do not have the staff and equipment to do the job efficiently.

Delays on postal items up to 90 days is not acceptable for any reason.

If the CBSA has been given an expanded mandate (to scan every parcel) then give them the tools to do the job right.

We should not settle for less.

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

The issue is that stopping people from dying of illegal drugs has greater benefits than mildly inconveniencing people who wait for cheap imported goods of dubious quality. If the Chinese government so desired, it could immediately halt the export of fentanyl. That would also accelerate delivery times of Chinese exports. Read the links cited.
Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Oh, mjwl2006 I see from your listings you sell cheap imported Chinese goods of dubious quality. No wonder you do not want people to buy directly from China. It is bad for your business for the Postal/CBSA to be efficient..
Message 9 of 31
latest reply

X

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

No, all my items are sold by the manufacturer and come from authorized dealers. I don't deal in counterfeits.
Message 11 of 31
latest reply

That is just licensing..... Most "legitimate" items are made in China, but i am sure the "legitimate" middle men pay much more to have the items built to higher standard. Not!
Message 12 of 31
latest reply

My items pass rigorous quality-control inspections held by the licence holders. They are not midnight-run products made of undeterrmined toxicity material smuggled in people's overall pockets.

But that's neither here nor there.

Canadian Customs agents cannot be blamed for having to respond to a problem which is beyond their control and not of their creation. China drug-sellers created this problem, Canadian drug smugglers created this problem, don't put the blame on the people the rest of us honest law-abiding Canadians trust to keep the country safe.

If Chinese manufactures are suffering the pressure of their government's inaction on illegal drug export, they should be encouraged to speak out to the Chinese government. I'll sacrifice a million knockoff hair elastics for one less gram of carfentanil on any street in Canada. A grain of it is capable of killing people. It's used in chemical warfare. Read the supplied links, abd if you don't like those, don't just take my word for it. Ask google.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Read my original post again. I said CBSA is not to blame. I said if we expect CBSA to do the job properly give them the manpower and equipment to do it efficiently. Do not let the situation turn our postal service into third world status.
Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Or we could apply pressure instead to the people who created the problem: Chinese drug labs and the environment that allows them to flourish and prosper.
Message 15 of 31
latest reply

113ink
Community Member

Thanks for this info, though it seems to have brought out people who can't comprehend adding 1-2 months to delivery times is actually an issue for people, not a "mild inconvenience".

I'm missing numerous packages from China and had already wound up giving negative feedback to a couple of sellers and asking refunds from a couple more (who I told I'd refund the refund if the items ever did arrive).  Now they've been needlessly screwed, and I'm moving shortly so if the items don't show up soon I won't ever get them.  Funny how the CBSA can check for drugs anywhere else in a timely fashion, but this is a major delay.  It's seems like they're using the delay to pressure the Chinese gov and buyers and sellers get stuck in the middle.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Oh, good someone is around and still offering an agenda instead of useful or helpful insight.

In addition to the numerous packages that haven't arrived, two did get through in the usual time, and without being opened (one from eBay and one from a direct Chinese seller), so if you're going to push your agenda of how the CBSA is great and is just looking out for us, why were neither of those packages opened and inspected for drugs?

Your words: "A. Of courser they do. If your order has been inspected by Customs officers and re-selaed, you will get a notice card stating that in the box. And usually re-sealed by tape marked Customs Inspection."

Neither of the two shipments that got through had either a card or tape or any signs of being opened before I opened them. The fact they got through was part of why I gave negative feedback to what I now find out are innocent sellers, since I thought the fault was with them, not the CBSA.

You're not helping, and obviously not trying to help.

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

With all due respect, we don't speak to each other that way here. It is not allowed.

Please read the news articles for a better understanding of the issues at stake.

You may wish to leave a Follow-up for those Negatives of which you speak or ask the sellers to send you a Feedback Revision request.

I have never been accused of not being helpful. Your furor is wasted on me.

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

I already read the articles that you keep pushing before I posted my first post. And as I already stated, if those are the reasons for the delays, why is some mail getting through untouched?

As far as you lecturing me on how to talk to people, your response to this:
"I have already noticed several sellers from China don't ship to Canada any more."
Was this:
"Is ebay aware that you are interfering in its site management? If not, they will be now. I don't texpect the corporation will appreciate your interference in the business of its sellers."
Should I be talking to people that way instead?

Already taking care of the feedback. I won't be letting them suffer for this. Too bad eBay isn't making a note of the issue during the sale or subsequently.
Message 20 of 31
latest reply