Horrible delays for items from Asia (China, etc)

oragex
Community Member

Items from China take 2 months to arrive to Canada, if they ever arrive.

There is but one single reason: CBSA Canada Border Services Agency is delaying items for inspection.  What's more, I have no idea what the Agency is doing with opened items that contain nothing illegal.  Do they tape back the packages and send them to destination?

You can complain about the delays here  http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/feedback-retroaction-eng.html

Do not blame the Ebay sellers, or ask for refund. They will stop selling to Canada. It's only Canada who has this issue.  I have already noticed several sellers from China don't ship to Canada any more.

The best choice, is to ask the seller to ship using Expres China post.  It costs an extra 1-2 dollars and takes 1 week to arrive.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Horrible delays for items from Asia (China, etc)

We all want fast packages, that much I do understand.  But right now there is a more important issue, and that is the quantities of this new and unusually dangerous drug that is coming into the country.  I do not believe it can be stopped completely, and personally I would think any truly enlightened and concerned citizens the world over should boycott that entire country until the Chinese government makes its production illegal.  (That is just an opinion)

Canada just seized 10 million lethal doses of this junk trying to get into the country.  For those who only care about getting a cheap item quickly, ask yourself if you would want this stuff in the hands of someone who doesn't like you,  

• One dose of 0.02 mg, smaller than a grain of salt, can be fatal to a human.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1180229&tp=1

Click on the above link.  For those who don't read much, it is very short so it won't hurt too badly.  

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

"Already taking care of the feedback. I won't be letting them suffer for this. Too bad eBay isn't making a note of the issue during the sale or subsequently."

Perhaps you should read more than one post before you come out with weapons drawn. As a long-time contributor to eBay Community, I've already done exactly as you have now suddenly requested and, more importantly, I've done it without name-calling and finger-pointing. Had you looked around before your attacks started, this would have been readily apparent.

Welcome to eBay Comminuty. Please stay awhile.
Message 22 of 31
latest reply

PayPal gives you 180 days to file an Item Not Received case. Waiting until Day 59 to leave negatives is not how many choose to handle their problems with delayed delivery. Did you talk to your sellers first? Or just file INR and leave negative feedback?
Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Yes, I did talk to the sellers first. The ones who resolved the issue with me didn't get negative or neutral feedback. As I told them, if the eBay feedback window was longer I'd have waited longer. It's possible I thought it was okay to use eBay policies to deal with an eBay sale. I'm not sure where I would've gotten that idea from.

Thank you so much for taking the time to mention that using eBay policies to deal with delayed delivery is not how many choose to handle their problems. You're as helpful as always.
Message 24 of 31
latest reply

I'm pleased you found it useful but that's not what I said.

Feedback Left For Others is how sellers judge whether they want to do business with that paticular buyer, the same as Feedback Received is used by buyers to vet sellers. Too many INR and negatives left mean eBay may examine your account as being high-risk.
Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Also, if you say 'give me a refund or I'm leaving negative feedback' or even mentioning the two in the same sentence will likely see you as a buyer reported for Feedback Extortion.

Like I said earlier, welcome to eBay Community. Read up on the policies for use here and look around. You'll learn much about conducting business in this marketplace.
Message 26 of 31
latest reply

"Also, if you say 'give me a refund or I'm leaving negative feedback' or even mentioning the two in the same sentence will likely see you as a buyer reported for Feedback Extortion."

Yes, but that's not what I did, so why are you suggesting it is?
Message 27 of 31
latest reply

I didn't. I'm sharing information with you. That's how it works. People come here for advice, and then they get it.
Message 28 of 31
latest reply

You made the statement above: "As I told them, if the eBay feedback window was longer I'd have waited longer."

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

I didn't ask you for advice, but apparently that doesn't factor in with you.
Message 30 of 31
latest reply

This topic has been locked due to hostile comments and interpersonal disputes.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 31 of 31
latest reply