“%APR- 4 easy payments” promotion on eBay.ca is not available for Canadians

I thought of sharing the fact that despite of seeing this promotion on every listing on eBay.ca, it turns out that PayPal is not actually offering it to Canadian eBay-ers, but only for those located in US. Confusing and disappointing.

I have obtained the information from PayPal Credit, after being routed and re-routed several times through several departments and no one being able to get a straight answer in a timely fashion. 
Hope that I am saving someone else’s time by posting this and, if by any chance anyone has an update, would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @123.chemist - thanks for letting me know about this. Would you be willing to get me a screenshot that I can use to report this further? Thanks so much!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I have attempted attaching a screenshot but it didn’t work. I will try later from another device.

However, this is not a glitch of any kind that would require troubleshooting. The banner which appears in the payment section of any listing on eBay.ca says “ %APR -4easy payments “ and it is a financial service which is not actually available for Canadians. I have spoken with PayPal and they confirmed that the credit lines are not available to Canadians, the website itself doesn’t not even have that option on the Canadian page. 

What I would wish is that eBay would make the PayPal interest free instalments payments service available to Canadians.

Regards

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I have attempted attaching a screenshot but it didn’t work. I will try later from another device.

However, this is not a glitch of any kind that would require troubleshooting. The banner which appears in the payment section of any listing on eBay.ca says “ %APR -4easy payments “ and it is a financial service which is not actually available for Canadians. I have spoken with PayPal and they confirmed that the credit lines are not available to Canadians, the website itself doesn’t not even have that option on the Canadian page. 

What I would wish is that eBay would make the PayPal interest free instalments payments service available to Canadians.

Regards

Hi @123.chemist - thanks for this update. The screenshot is less to troubleshoot and more to report it to the right teams that you're seeing something that's intended only for members located in the USA. 

Members of eBay Canada have access to an instant credit tool called 'PayBright' that you should be seeing. You can read more about that here. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hello again, I have consulted the Pay Bright information available for Canadians, which is a credit line with about 9% or more interest and unfortunately it is radically different than the 0% interest instalments option offered to the US eBay-ers. 
I would very much prefer that PayPal would be working towards achieving the same type of financial flexibility for the Canadian citizens.
Best regards and thank you for your feedback.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Don't you know Canadians do not count.An agent told me oh we don't care much about Canada .Straight goods .Direct from the Philippines .When i mentioned Canada was far larger then the USA he balked .Moron.I was also told to view my invoice i would have to use a pc desktop only .Where do they get this verbal diarrhea ?
Message 6 of 6
latest reply