Can't link Scotiabank account

Trying to update my payout method from a Tangerine chequing account that is closed and I no longer have. 

Log in with my Scotiabank credentials and get the error "Sorry, we are unable to connect to your bank at this time. Please try again later."

Enter details manually, exactly with the transit, insitutuion, and account number confirmed multiple times with Scotiabank. Get the error "Invalid Financial Institution number or Transit number. Please try again." no matter what I do. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Are you trying to do it for an account on dot com or dot ca?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

dot ca. I go through the whole Trustly thing and pick Scotiabank. It even gives me a push notificaiton to confirm it's me in the Scotiabank app, shows my account, but then I get to the final step fails and get the "Sorry, we are unable to connect to your bank at this time. Please try again later." error

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@mementomaury1998 wrote:

dot ca. I go through the whole Trustly thing and pick Scotiabank. It even gives me a push notificaiton to confirm it's me in the Scotiabank app, shows my account, but then I get to the final step fails and get the "Sorry, we are unable to connect to your bank at this time. Please try again later." error

devon@ebay 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Just called Scotiabank again. Had an agent go through activating and deactiviating 2 step verification on my Scotia account to see if that would work. No matter what, linking the account fails. Scotia informed me to contact either Ebay or Trustly about this. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@mementomaury1998 wrote:
... with Scotiabank. Get the error "Invalid Financial Institution number or Transit number. Please try again." no matter what I do. 

Scotiabank institution number is "002"

Transit number/branch number is 5 digits. If your bank transit number is only four digits long, add a 0 in front of the number.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply