30 day restriction

just got off a 30 day restriction for ebay's stupid duplicate policy that was totally a mistake.

No listing uploading, no revision. just listing ending and wait for 30 days.

I phoned ebay 15+ times to try to resolve this but Filipino and Asiatic are useless on the phone, all they do is point fingers, hammer away with ebay garbage policies and threaten me with a permanent suspension.

I finally got to think that the best company to fix this is paypal.

Yep Paypal, now that they are a separate entity again they actually have leverage to protect there customer like me.

The manager i talk to actually found it disturbing there was NO ACTIVITY in my account for 30 days  +. They lost money, i lost money.

I told the manager that i'm a long time customer of paypal and therefore i'm placing an official complaint against ebay, the manager accepted my complaint and took it to the upper echelon.

Paypal must have a lot of leverage on ebay, remember they told me the next time i would be suspended. I started listing a few certified coins this week, on the 25 Feb i got this;

MC018 Your listing has been removed: Duplicate Listings

151995248621 - Canada New Brunswick Silver 20 Cent 1864 Certified ICCS F-15 Scratches
151995248460 - Canada New Brunswick Silver 20 Cent 1864 Certified ICCS F-15 Scratches

so where's the suspension ebay?

Paypal must of had some influence to prevent it. It gives me time to transit to Bonanza and Amazon.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: 30 day restriction

thats interesting, ive made duplicate listings several times, its an easy mistake to make and i simply get an automated notice that the item has been removed. How on earth did you get a 30 day suspension? Are you sure it was for duplicate listings?

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

thats interesting, ive made duplicate listings several times, its an easy mistake to make and i simply get an automated notice that the item has been removed. How on earth did you get a 30 day suspension? Are you sure it was for duplicate listings ?

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Duplicate posts too!  Smiley LOL

I've heard of a few people getting suspended for 7 or 30 days for duplicates. The punishment doesn't seem to fit the 'crime'.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

I'm wondering if its a cumulative effect with other listing violations, or perhaps category specific. I've had a few removed over the last few years as they didn't get caught by the listing logic that double checks when you list a new item, but haven't had any issues arise from the removal. I make it a habit to periodically scan the listings for duplicates these days.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

This was received on Jan 13

Hello anguscoinshop,

After reviewing your eBay account, it looks like you haven’t followed our Duplicate Listings policy. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items for 30 days. You're also not allowed to register a new account during this time.
- Duplicate item listings we identified have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- Any fees for listings ended early because of this violation will not be credited to your account.

We removed these items because you listed too many duplicate listings. Too many listings for the same item make it difficult for buyers to see the range of items available to them and quickly find what they want.

Please follow these guidelines when listing multiple items:
- If you have identical items for sale, please list them in a single, fixed-price, multiple-quantity listing. If you have an active fixed-price listing, we recommend revising it to increase the quantity.
- Review any automated listing features to prevent these items from being relisted.
- If you have more than one user ID, please review all of your listings. Duplicates aren't allowed across accounts.

To learn more about our duplicate listings policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/listing-multi.html

During this restriction, you can still:
- Send email
- Obtain shipping addresses
- Leave Feedback
- Perform other administrative tasks

Please be sure to manage any current listings and to complete any open transactions. After 30 days, your account will no longer be restricted. However, keep in mind that any additional violations of this policy in existing or future listings could result in the suspension of your account. Once we suspend an account, a member no longer has any account access. In addition, all active listings are canceled, and members who placed bids on those listings are notified.

The duplicate listings we identified were listed on the following multiple accounts:
anguscoinshop

The items we removed are duplicates of the following listings that are currently active on your eBay account:

If you have more questions, contact us:
http://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/home

Here’s a sample of both the duplicate listings that we removed and the listings we left on the site. To see the full list, go to My eBay, click the "Activity" tab, and then click the "Unsold" link under the "Sell" heading.
151926592467 - 2012 Canada Oversized 25-cent Colored Coin - ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay

To this day i still don't have a clue how the second listing got in.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

@anguscoinshop wrote:

just got off a 30 day restriction for ebay's stupid duplicate policy that was totally a mistake.

No listing uploading, no revision. just listing ending and wait for 30 days.

I phoned ebay 15+ times to try to resolve this but Filipino and Asiatic are useless on the phone, all they do is point fingers, hammer away with ebay garbage policies and threaten me with a permanent suspension.

I finally got to think that the best company to fix this is paypal.

Yep Paypal, now that they are a separate entity again they actually have leverage to protect there customer like me.

The manager i talk to actually found it disturbing there was NO ACTIVITY in my account for 30 days  +. They lost money, i lost money.

I told the manager that i'm a long time customer of paypal and therefore i'm placing an official complaint against ebay, the manager accepted my complaint and took it to the upper echelon.

Paypal must have a lot of leverage on ebay, remember they told me the next time i would be suspended. I started listing a few certified coins this week, on the 25 Feb i got this;

151995248621 - Canada New Brunswick Silver 20 Cent 1864 Certified ICCS F-15 Scratches
151995248460 - Canada New Brunswick Silver 20 Cent 1864 Certified ICCS F-15 Scratches

so where's the suspension ebay?

Paypal must of had some influence to prevent it. It gives me time to transit to Bonanza and Amazon.

Ok lebel, do what's your best at, there's your chance to bash away at a dying horse!!!

Keep at it, I'm sure your permanent suspension is coming!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

i dare not double duplicate post, the mods would very likely suspend me for 30 days(lol)

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

From what I've heard it happens when previous duplicates have been removed. The problem is that in most cases, the sellers who get the suspension are those who list  a duplicate here and there by accident. The ones who do it on purpose change one word in the title so that it doesn't get caught by the bots. They can have dozens of duplicates and nothing will happen but the seller who did it accidentally may have had 3 in one year and gets a suspension.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

ebay be careful not to go into the discrimination side, i see all kinds of duplicates from the same sellers that have been doing it for a long time and ebay has never acted on them.

I'm glad paypal is on my side on this one.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

I'm glad paypal is on my side on this one.

Yeah sure they are!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

I do expect it, when it does i will feel relief, one more thing off my list that creates unnecessary stress.
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

You probably, by the sound of it, don't care, but I am amazed they have not pulled any listings with ICCS grading as they are not an acceptable grading company as far as Ebay is concerned. Unless Ebay has authorized them to be acceptable in title and description.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

The key to being a successful seller on eBay is ...

Knowing what NOT to do......

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

- If you have more than one user ID, please review all of your listings. Duplicates aren't allowed across accounts.

Is this possibly the problem?

I wouldn't hold out any great hopes for alternate generalist sites. My experience has been that sales are few and far between. On Bonanza for example we had the same 10,000 listings we had on eBay and got three sales in a year. EBay was producing several every day.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

I too have periodically posted duplicate listings in error over the last few years and have always received the automated messages/removals, never a suspension. Guess I should count myself lucky. I wonder what the rhyme or reason is. Maybe certain categories are policed more carefully? Maybe it depends on the value of the items in question?

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

On .ca ICCS is a grading company choice on the left side.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

So they are now contadicting their own policies.

I just checked and this is what is acceptable on the .ca help:

Approved grading companies:
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

on the left side, each page, look at the last choice under certification

Message 20 of 24
latest reply