Anyone else having problems listing??

izzame
Community Member

using .ca

For 2 hours now spinning "creating listing" this is right after entering the title, scrolling down to "Continue without selecting a product" (98% of product info wrong)

I have phoned and reported but very if/when we get to it attitude. Do I expect them to drop what they're doing because I called, of course not. I did expect the employee to take the situation more seriously, especially them seeing for themselves and the entire time on the phone they could see "creating listing".This is after walking it through with employee and them seeing it for themselves ... agreeing there "must" be a problem and they will forward it to IT but then saying that they don't know when they will be able to look into it. 

Looks like I won't be listing for a while ..... hmm what if I had the same attitude of payment for my monthly invoice. Then I couldn't list, were at this point what is the difference. I pay, can't list, way too many daily glitches .... I don't pay and nothing is different. 

Guess, I can't put off housework any longer, thanks ebay.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Have you tried to pick any of your listings and use the "Sell Similar" function, making changes as needed?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Have you tried to pick any of your listings and use the "Sell Similar" function, making changes as needed?

I ALWAYS use "sell similar Pierre", I agree with you. Even if it is different category, it's very easy to change it, and I have had no problems doing it that way.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Just now did the same things as you (in my case listing a book without ISBN), the circle went for about 5-8 seconds then I could continue listing.  Using an old version of Firefox on a desktop computer.

The site does have performance issues from time to time.

-..-

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

yes, that's what I'm trying to use, Sell Similar. Have also tried as "new listing" same.
Thank you for your suggestion. I'm going to try a different item. Ill keep trying different things as time permits. I have managed to take the dog out 2 x for play and have shredded 6 months of paper work, so this is what it's like no being on eBay.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

yes, firefox is having issues, but so is ie , ebay is loading so many things into their page that is slowing down every browser.. when you click on something take a look in the lower bottom left of your screen, and take a look at all the **bleep** ebay is loading..

a total shame, but they will say we need this to make more money..

perhaps they should be more concerned about making their existing and future customers happy..

if this **bleep** is mucking up my high end home computer i can just imagine what it is doing to cell phones and i pads, etc..

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you everyone for your input & suggestions.... seems like it's working now, listed a few .... for what it's worth these days. I'm on a Mac desktop, I stopped using Firefox about 3 months ago as too many issues, Safari a tad better, really I don't think any browser is completely, on a daily/hourly basis working well (compatible) with ebay, it's such an IT mess.

Since they don't seem intent on fixing the ever expanding list of "issues", maybe they should have their own browser that can instantly do fixes/work arounds based on the hour of the day and issues at hand. Sorry, frustration talking.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply