Aug. 17. CP Software Update - System Down, No shipping Available

byto253
Community Member

FYI - Just back from the Post Office and unable to ship as CP did a software update and the system is down. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Daylight and mid week?  That doesn't sound like a planned "update".

More like a mushroom explanation.

Keep 'em in the dark and cover them in horsesh***t.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@byto253 wrote:

FYI - Just back from the Post Office and unable to ship as CP did a software update and the system is down. 

As of 11:30 MTN time today system status says everything is hunky dorky!! The last few times at local SD location clerk was stating system has been running extremely slow. Possibly connected to what you got.

https://status.canadapost.ca/

-Lotz

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the heads up byto! I took a gamble (post office is 5 minutes from my house) and took two of my packages anyways (2:30 Wednesday). There was a sign up "Due to sytem technical issues not all services available at this time". However, I was still able to send my two parcels - I print my labels with Shippo (packages were ready to go) they were able to scan them and give me a "drop off receipt". The clerk said many services are not available and they can not print labels but still could scan them into the system and pick up would be as  usual. Not sure if it is the same everywhere (I'm in Ontario).

I noticed the receipts now have a tiny little QR code (for a while the receipts had some huge one that made for much more paper!), perhaps that's part of whatever change they made?!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

As in the other post, I had no problem with a Tracked USA shipment around noon today.

I rarely use shipping labels so my parcel had $19.45 in stamps on the cover and I had the QR code on my phone for the customs.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I couldnt sign for my pacakge from Canada Post today with my label baggies. They had to get the Pen and Paper method out as I couldnt wait more then 5mins today had to get to work, other days I would have hung around for the system to try and work. It was definitley slow!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

byto253
Community Member
All good today. The outage worked out since one of the folks I tried shipping to yesterday bought something else in the afternoon and the box had lots of room.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

This is the message on Canada Post's website right now:

We're doing some maintenance right now

We're upgrading our website and online tools to serve you better. As a result, our online services are unavailable during this upgrade from Thursday, Aug 18 at 5 p.m. until Sunday, Aug 21 at 7 a.m. Eastern Time (ET).

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply