Buyer Not longer registered I owe for listing

A complete loser and clown decided to buy my iphone 7 and demanded I ship the phone asap. He had sent a paypal payment which was not cleared because it was an e check, the buyer than decided to cancel the payment. Well, it says Im too late to make or pass the 32 day limit to have the selling fee removed from my account. I was in the hospital with a few health problems from September 3 till October 3rd. How would I go about having the fee for the item that the person decided to cancel payment removed from my account. I feel I should not have to pay the fee over a guy who has now been removed from ebay.   The user name of the buyer is fak_eri  and you can see that other people had the same issues with canceling payments and demanding the item to be shipped to nigeria.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

mcrlmn
Community Member

"buy my iphone 7 and demanded I ship the phone"

But you didn't ship the phone until it was paid for... correct?

PayPay transaction payment info also tells you not to ship until echeck payment has been completed in about 5-7 days after submitted.

Nigeria would've been a big red flag for me. It's obvious the buyer was after a free iPhone.

If the echeck was cancelled, the item was never paid for.

From 'Help & Contact' at the top left of your eBay window":

Report an unpaid item

I would think your fees would be reimbursed this way.

Have you phoned eBay customer service?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Other users will also point out it's probably also not a good idea to sell a high-value and highly-popular tech item on an account with no feedback. This is exactly what scammers look for, hoping the new account is a new user who doesn't know what they're doing and hope they can manipulate them to get expensive items for free.

As mccrlmn said, "Nigeria" would have been a big red flag, and some scammers even go as far as to say "payment will clear when the item is shipped" Again, their hope is that the seller is new and doesn't know how things work and will believe a beloved and wealthy Nigerian prince who for some reason has to resort to buying a used, old phone on eBay instead of using their contacts to get the newest model using their riches that they seem all to willing to share with random foreigners.

But I digress.

I think your best bet to get your fees back is to contact eBay using mccrlmn's instructions. There's no guarantee you'll be successful (it seems it can depend on which eBay rep you get and whether or not they've had lunch yet), but it might be worth trying.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If Ebay will not refund, I suggest you bring it up on the weekly chat and see if one of the staff will go to bat for you.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply