Forum Posts

Resolved! Item Not Received Case

I buyer opened an item not received case for an item shipped Small Packets International - Ground. The sold the item with free shipping and shipped via Canada Post International Ground going to Europe.I shipped the item on August 30, 2017 and the cas...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Offers changed again

Another stupid change for the sake of change... didn't they change the way offers looked last year? Oops, they did it again!

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

'False positive' feedback: leave as is or reply to it?

So... this happened. I have a feeling I already know what to do about it (nothing) but wanted to solicit some opinions. Do I: Ignore or follow-up with a reply? Usually, I would accept this as constructive criticism since many things I sell might be c...

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 1.29.22 PM.png
  • 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Feedback Page, what a piece of garbage

Has any one tried to leave feedback for a seller? More idiotic changes that are completely a joke. You used to be able to input a user ID and pull up all the sales and do a whole bunch at a time. Now you have to do 1 at a time, then pull up the next ...

• 11 replies
  • 6 helpful

WWYD, would you sell it for more?

I sell on 5 different websites.. I bought a new stove and the storage underneath the oven is 1/2 the size of what I had before, so I have to find room for my pots. I took a look at what I had and what I use. Some of the pots/pans I am donating but I ...

'Collections' dysfunctional

Is anyone else experiencing a problem with their Collections? I'm trying to update mine, and create new ones, but I'm hung up on adding items that stall and won't actually add. I tried the usual fix-its to no avail.

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

New seller asking for shipping experience

Hi, I am a new seller. After weeks of photographing, describing each item, open paypal account......now, I got stuck on the problem of SHIPPING! I will sell pre-owned antiques, most of them are porcelain or pottery arts. Yesterday, I went to a post o...

Contacting a buyer

At one time you could access a buyers contact information. Address, phone number etc. Can this still be done? If so can someone steer me to the spot. Could not seem to find anything. Reason i am asking is that I have two US buyers that are having pro...

Using postage stamps without concequence

I've been selling on eBay.ca on and off for the past few years and I'm really trying to make it work this time. I specialize in selling video games, and when I ship them I use Canada post over sized letter to ship them. This works out great because i...

Worldwide shipping options not showing for certain products

I have multiple items for sale with the same weight/size dimensions and the same worldwide shipping options. But when I login to on my desktop and change my location from Canada to say Australia, some items do not show any shipping options for that c...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Cancelling An Auction

I had a BIN item on today and and a Buyer in the UK bought it and I only ship to Canada & the USA. I went to the resolution centre to cancel it but the reason for I don't ship to the country option is gone only 3 reasons are left and the only one tha...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

EBay cracking down

If you've received an email today with the latest update to the eBay User Agreement, I'd advise paying attention. Usually I just skim past these updates, most are administrative and have little direct impact on how we do business here. This may be di...

• 30 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! "Apply my promotional shipping rule" is missing.

I am trying to make a discounted shipping for my buyers. I have tried the flat and promotional shipping and when I used a guest account to check the final number, Ebay still charges the shipping per item. I have also experimented with the currency di...

• 13 replies
  • 1 helpful

I am so happy that I didn't watermark my photos

Last year when ebay moved away from watermarking our photos, I was thinking that I would do my own watermarking. I did some experimenting but eventually dropped the idea. Boy am I ever glad I did that now. Every year, I have had to spend major time r...

Buyer to pay return postage costs

My listing states 'buyer to pay return postage costs'. Buyer wants to return perfect item - says faulty. I started return procedure but Ebay asking me to send the return postage to buyer first. I think if I do this, Paypal will refund the whole amoun...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

An Open Letter To Ebay.

Hello World, As an active seller for 5 years (since 2012) I can safely say that this is the absolute WORST experience I have ever had... As a growing business it is hard enough to grow our working capital without having fraud, charge backs, frozen mo...

Local Pickup

In the past 3 weeks, I have had numerous offers to buy an item but only if they can pick up locally. Very strange none of these members live in my community - yet state they live near me. Most state we will pay you extra for your trouble sometimes mo...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

How To Add Discount To a Listing

Is there a way to offer discount in a listing. I thought that option would be available in the listing itself but I don't see it.I would like to set-up something, for example, if I have 2 tops listed and if you buy one you pay $10 but if you buy both...

Item not received case but it was shipped

$30 item sold Shipping to Peru was about $10-12 for air service. The day the buyer could have opened a dispute they didI responded saying that I have never lost an item and all delays have arrived. This is true to over 45 countries in the last 10 yea...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ask Shippo event coming September 12th!

Just posting a reminder here that there is an upcoming Ask Shippo event on the 12th of September on the Shippo Central board. More details here: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Shippo-Central/Ask-Shippo/m-p/383108#M659 Hope to see you there!

• 2 replies
  • 2 helpful

Is it fair the way eBay charges its taxes on insertion fees?

Last month I listed 2800 items and paid 0.05 + 5% tax on each item which was charged per item for a total of 5.25 cents per listing.If I went to Walmart/any other big box store or actually any store that charges tax for that matter I would pay 5 cent...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels