Forum Posts

Ask Shippo event coming September 12th!

Just posting a reminder here that there is an upcoming Ask Shippo event on the 12th of September on the Shippo Central board. More details here: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Shippo-Central/Ask-Shippo/m-p/383108#M659 Hope to see you there!

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 2 helpful

Is it fair the way eBay charges its taxes on insertion fees?

Last month I listed 2800 items and paid 0.05 + 5% tax on each item which was charged per item for a total of 5.25 cents per listing.If I went to Walmart/any other big box store or actually any store that charges tax for that matter I would pay 5 cent...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay false positive - Remove contact info from listings

It looks like they are rolling out warnings, at least via users who use seller hub on ebay.com. Had a new listing pop up today with a warning and action item under tasks to remove contact info from listings. I use a template service, with no external...

• 19 replies
  • 4 helpful

Revise a listing.

Just ran into a new Revise Your Listing page My first response was ... What is this? Then I looked at it with several listings... and... it does look good and easy to use..... Editing listings individually will be very easy.... Only one page... easy ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Late shipment report not updating from June 20

Curious is anyone else having the same issue, If your are registered in canada and using usps labels, (ie using a service like chit chat express or driving over the border ect...) USPS shipment stopped updating usps tracking june 20 to Aug 20, seems ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBAY OVERCHARGING FVF'S ON MY RECENT INVOICE - CHECK YOUS SO YOU DON'T GET RIPPED OFF

I just looked at my latest invoice and am being overcharged for FVF's. I guess they are not happy getting what they can after raising everything and they hope we don't notice the slight overcharges. Absolute crooks and should be reported to the autho...

• 26 replies
  • 1 helpful

Printing the Russian Language problem

I printed my shipping label for Russia but the buyers address is just upside down question marks and other unrecognizable letters. When I created the label the address was in the correct Russian Language do.I am not experiencing any other problems wi...

• 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is HTTPS affected by my id in my photos?

Well - I am in total confusion. Received the email "Changes to Chrome Will Affect Your Listings - Update NOW" (I do NOT use Chrome).I used the i_Ways tool as suggested and found several photos that use just my id name or my id and email - sort of lik...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! 2017 Fall Seller Update is announced.

The 2017 Fall Seller Update has been announced. See this topic posted by eBay in Seller Updates forum. http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Updates/2017-Fall-Seller-Update-Community-discussion-thread/m-p/384508 Please post comments in that topic as I a...

DOES ANYTHING WORK ON EBAY GOT THIS MSG AFTER SENDING INVOICE

"Order Service temporarily unavailable or invalid parameters in the request URL."Ebay's site, their URL so "MAYBE" they should fix their "invalid parameters"I have no idea if the invoice went through.Never in my life have I seen a company the size of...

• 5 replies
  • 1 helpful

Hmm best offer automagic acceptance isn't working?

Struck a deal with a buyer for 4 items over the last few days (they were items that didn't originally have best offer on them). Normally what I do is if the person and I agree on a price of say $100, I go and revise the item, put best offer on it and...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! SELLING EXPENSIVE ARTWORK LOCALLY

I have an opportunity to sell an expensive artwork to an eBay buyer in Winnipeg (very convenient for both parties) . What would be the best option for shipping it to them insured for over 2000.00 USD. I could deliver it in person but I know there wou...

Local top seller to sell items

Finding ebay is extremely difficult no easy way. Tried to heed helpful community suggestions but still confused... Is my postage right? Am I properly posted on eBay.com? Is there an easier way? Anyone in my city top seller that will do it for me for ...

Auctiva Supersize image page .....and eBay's new link policy

From an email this morning from Auctiva The supersize image page is going away but we are currently working on a replacement As a result of eBay's new link policy, we can no longer link to the Auctiva supersize image page. We are looking into a solut...

• 33 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item description Formatting

I have been shortening all my listings as recommended for mobile devices I notice that there are now many more characters available in the Description Box, and I would like to take advantage of this and put the Description where it belongs and elimin...

How to get bids - need add advice please

Is there a way to get suggestions on why my items didn't sell - eg how to improve my adds? Do know I could lower the price but perhaps someone can offer other helpful advice other than lower the price.Thank you as would like to resist my items.

Canada Postal Delays

Hi, I am looking for the ebay.com customer services address. Wish to notify them of Canada Postal Delays. Ebay should update, notify customers that foreign inbound mail is now backlogged at Canadian Customs. No updates displayed on ebay.com regarding...

• 32 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Wy I have to pay the taxes on shipping when I had already paid at Canada Post on stamps & envelope ?

Wy EBay charge me a taxes on shipping When I had already paid on the stamps & envelope to Canada Post.? I Don't charge any taxe on the shipping to my customer. It's mean I'm loosing some money again. Fisrt I have to change the currency with new polit...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Message To Stamp, Sportcard (or Similar Small Collectibles) Sellers Re: COMBINED SHIPPING

Please post somewhere in your listings if you either DO or DO NOT offer combined shipping.....and what your general rules are. For these small items, shipping 1 or 10 lots often doesn't increase postage costs.Shipping often constitutes a high percent...

FREE SHIPPING or NOT FREE SHIPPING

Here is a comment I've read numerous times in these helpful discussion forums. This scenario, which I think has good instructive intentions, is sometimes not so good. I quote:What is better:(1) An item that cost $2 with free shipping?Or (2) an item t...

Labels