I am in Canada, but listed on eBay.com-

I cannot navigate the shipping section at all....will not show Canadian Postal Code and shows on my listings Pick Up Only.....will I have to re=list on eBay.ca?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If listing on eBay.COM calculated shipping is not available to sellers shipping from Canada.

You have to use flat rate shipping for .COM with generic shipping description choices.

Domestic is USA

To Canada is an International shipping choice

If you want to use calculated shipping with Canada Post you must list on eBay.CA

-..-

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Is there any way I can get around the shipping section?  I prefer to calculate shipping depending on destination when purchaser sends me his address?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Nope.

If you are listing on dotCOM, you are working in US dollars.

But the drawback is that you cannot use Calculated Shipping.

This changed last summer.

Angst ensued.

If your item is able to ship LetterPost/Light Packet, use dotCOM and Flat Rate.

You might even consider using Free Shipping there.

Don't panic!

Free Shipping just means putting your shipping cost intoyour asking price.

Which is cheaper?

A $10 item with $5 shipping?

A $15 item with Free Shipping?

For items that have to travel parcel rate (over 2cm thick and over 500 gms) list on dotCA to get the Calculated Rate.

Your dotCOM shopper will see the price in USD in Search.

The actual listing will show the price in both currencies.

Paypal handles exchange.

Your buyer will also be notified that you are shipping from outside the USA, which has benefits in lowering expectations of fast delivery.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If your items don't have a shipping price to Canada than they are unlikely to even show on ebay. ca.  Right now I don't see any listings for you on.ca and I can only see 1 listing when I search as a Canadian on .com.  That one listing does show shipping to Canada but does not have a shipping price. The other ones seem to be shipping to the US only.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply