Worldwide shipping options not showing for certain products

ddo204
Community Member

I have multiple items for sale with the same weight/size dimensions and the same worldwide shipping options. But when I login to on my desktop and change my location from Canada to say Australia, some items do not show any shipping options for that country while others do show the correct options. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I can see the shipping cost when I look at all of your listings on one page but when I click on some of the listings, the area where it should state the shipping is totally blank for some of your listings. On some, if I clicked on the shipping tab and clicked get rates a couple of times, the page would refresh and I would see the shipping cost. I have no idea why that is happening.

One thing that I noticed is that on some listings when I look at all of your listings together, the surface price is the one that is showing and on others, the air price is showing. The price that shows in search is the first one that you enter do you should always be entering the same one first. 

This is somewhat off topic but I do not recommend sending anything overseas by surface as it can take 1 - 4 months for some countries. Buyers are not going to wait that long as they will have no idea if item is ever going to arrive and they will likely file a claim long before the item gets there.  You might want to consider shipping to the US and Canada only to start out with until you have more sales under your belt. International shipping can be a bit more complicated and in some cases will cause more problems

If you really want to ship overseas, you should ship by air only. I don't think that it is useful to offer 3 overseas services as buyers are not going to want to pay extra for tracking so that you are protected.  If you want to send with tracking, then that should be your only option.   You might want to just offer shipping to some countries to start out with such as the UK and Australia.

Sorry if this is confusing but I have to run so am typing in a hurry. One last thing...do you really want to send that dvd with free shipping anywhere in the world? 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the feedback. I will definitely look at adjusting my shipping options.

I also had another strange glitch happen to me the other day when a buyer from Australia was able to select Tracked Packet - USA as a shipping option when they purchased one of my items. I contacted eBay and they were at a loss as to how that was possible and are investigating. Anyone else have a similar issue? I ended up cancelling the purchase and refunding their money.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Since you are a new seller, do you mind if I discourage you from shipping overseas until you have at least 10 DSRs and know what DSRs mean?

It's a rule of thumb, but it gives you some experience before you have to deal with shipping, which is the hardest part of selling by mail order.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Message 4 of 4
latest reply