Buyer opened eBay case then closed it and asked for refund by Paypal: I had to pay high eBay fees :(

Hi,

I sold 2 month ago a 1 month old graphic card for 1250$ +40$ shipping.

After the user received it, he figured out his power supply was not strong enough and had to buy a better one.

After a week he was able to power it but struggled to make it work properly.

I was already worried at this point about this guy's capacity to handle such an item.

He therefore managed to make it work and said he was happy with it.

After one more week, he wrote back to me claiming that he was no longer happy with the graphics card and asked if I agree to him filling a return case although the part was listed with "no return allowed".

I still accepted the return.

He then canceled the return saying that finally he got what he was doing wrong and that he made it work. I felt relieved.

Two days later, he wrote me back saying that he did not want it anymore and that he sent it back and that he opened a Paypal case.

I was **bleep** off a bit, but still, stuck with this situation.

I got the card back, tested it and saw that it was working great. I was relieved, again.

I managed to sell the card locally, for a bit less but still for a good price.

This whole emotional rollercoaster lasted for a month, or a bit more, and at the end I received my 165$ eBay bill ... 

I overall just lost 165$ for eBay fees for only a lot of worries and time lost.

I reported the buyer but I since had no news from eBay.

I feel scammed.

Do you guys know any way to claim these fees back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Buyer opened eBay case then closed it and asked for refund by Paypal: I had to pay high eBay fees :(

Cancel Order? Is that option available to you on one of the drop-down menus associated with the transaction?
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It might be past the deadline to do that, so if it is try calling Customer Service to see what if anything they can do for you.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I too would call customer service (make sure to call during the day when you are more likely to get NA reps) & explain what has happened & why it took so long to make your request. Hopefully they will refund your fees. They really should as a refund was done but as it is after the normal allowed timeframe they might not. Worth a try anyway.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply