Calculated shipping issues. (an ongoing problem)

Many items will not calculate shipping for US customers. 

@pjcdn2005 RE:

There is a good chance that the calculator is working but that some of the information entered doesn't fit with certain parameters. Canada Post lists minimum size requirements for each service. If you enter dimensions that are small that the service you have chosen, the calculator will not show a price. When sellers are having problems with the shipping calculator for US sales, that is usually the problem.

I noticed that quite a few of your items do not have a shipping cost to the US but the cost to Canada is fine so I am guessing that one or more of your dimensions on those items are smaller than the CP minimum as Canadian parcels and US parcels do not have the same size standards. Canada Post actually allows packages smaller than the minimum to be mailed so I'm not sure why they even post them however, ebay shipping always uses the minimums and in order for the calculator and ebay shipping to work, you need to use them too.

Minimum measurements for Expedited parcel USA and Xpresspost USA -- 210mm x 140mm x 5mm Each number MUST be at least the minimum in order for ebay calculated shipping to work.

Tracked Packet and Small Packet - - 140mm x 90mm x 1mm

You've posted on an old thread so it will likely be closed by the mods but if you have a question, please start a new thread.

Two things come to mind: 

1- for item 164160881695 for example, have a customer asking shipping to US - dims are: 410mm x 310mm x210mm I have a lot of boxes this size.  shipping policy offers Small packet air USA, tracked packet USA and Expedited Parcel USA. should be able to figure out pricing on one of those, no? 

2- earlier, a customer asked a rate due to not it calculating automatically, and I gave him a cost estimate thru messages... he made the purchase and then could check out no problem.  Why would it calculate it in Checkout but not display in the listing? ? 

Dims on that one are 160x110x110 / 420g 

Different shipping policy offering Tracked Packet & Expedited Parcel to USA. 

searching shows people have had issues with this at least as far back as 2014. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Question # 1
I believe your 410mm x 310mm x 210mm boxes exceed the maximum allowable for Small Packet and Tracked Packet. For those services L + W + H cannot exceed 90cm. I've forgotten what the maximum is for Expedited USA and ExpressPost USA.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

1. As @kawartha-ephemera said the dimensions exceed small and tracked packet maximums.  I'm just guessing here but it's possible  that if the one measurement doesn't meet the min/max that the calculator won't work.   I'm not saying that makes sense but it is possible that it's set up that way.

2.  Those measurements are too small for expedited US but it is odd that they could check out but not see the cost on the listing.  That's a new one for me.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply