Forum Posts

How to ship media mail with chit chats

Hello,I am an Ebay seller who practically only sells books in large quantities. Each box I send out is over 20 lbs. I was looking if Chit Chats had media mail and they did. However, I have been trying to make a shipment with media mail and have not y...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

No sales for days - then 7 in one day... ???

Ever get a "wave" of sales between really, really dead periods? Is it a coincidence, or is it by design???I'm convinced that Ebay's search engine is preventing buyers from finding my listings - that is, UNTIL someone else buys something... then all o...

WWYD, a person keeps emailing me offers?

I have a couple of CD's that this person wants and he/she has offered me 1/3 of what I am asking. I politely responded thanking them for the offers but I wasn't accepting offers at this time. They emailed me again raising their offer by $5. I am not ...

Resolved! New Seller: Insurance vs no insurance

Hello! I am new-ish to selling on ebay, and haven't sold anything "worldwide" since I've been active.My question is regarding insurance. I am currently looking into adding worldwide shipping (potential buyer in Israel) For shipping options that do no...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Undeliverable address return

I just received back a package i sent lettermail on november 6th. It is wrote ''no such adress'' so it was for whatever reason undeliverable. They highlighted the city and wrote ''not '' meaning postal code or whatever does not fit with the city i do...

Managed Payments...I need help... eBay keeps saying I have to update account details on file.

I keep updating my bank info but I still get the header I have to update account details. I got my P.A.D. agreement on my messages so I thought I was good to go with eBay and CIBC. I get failed messages from eBay regarding payments from my bank. And ...

Resolved! Canada Post Prepaid Envelopes/Boxes - Refundable?

Does anyone know if prepaid items are Returnable for a refund with receipt? I bought the wrong size Xpresspost envelope and need to return it (I doubt it'll ever get used). I can't seem to find any definitive return policies for retail products onlin...

Re reply to question asked in weekly chat

tyler@ebay When asked about the invoice number that eBay labels was putting in the tracking field for small packet your reply was.."Currently Canada Post does not offer tracking for Small Packet, but gives the receipt number as the 'tracking number' ...

• 13 replies
  • 7 helpful

Correct postage information when selling on .com

I am starting to sell on ebay again after a 2 year absence. I've got the ebay.ca selling site figured out re postage, now I am trying to use my 50 free listings on .com but I cannot figure out how to do calculated shipping to the USA and Canada. I've...

Need help. I keep getting harassed.

This is happening to me. A customer from Mexico messaging me from two different accounts. Both look very similiar. I originally told him I only ship to USA and Canada. He then asked if i can send it to toronto to his friend and his friend would send ...

shipping options - changed

Hi CTS folks, it's been years since I was on this forum (but I still lurk occasionally !!) . Could one of you very informed folks advise me why my shipping options have totally changed? When I create a listing, I no longer have the option for US (sel...

ebay is double-charging the fees with a new refund process

ebay has come up with a new refund process that could charge another fees.I've made 3 sales from 3 different buyers. one of them changed their mind and asked me to cancel the order which I did immediately.Later, I've got the payout from 2 sales, but ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Reporting a buyer

How do I report a buyer to Ebay. A customer purchased a card in June, left feedback already, and today, December, sent me an email wanting a full refund because he never received the card. Smells fishy!

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

My shipping weight keeps disappearing

I post on .com since list perfectly doesn't support .ca, I noticed that my shipping weight keeps disappearing, I use the global shipping program. My other platforms are super busy but eBay is almost dead, I tried bulk reset. Am I entering the weight ...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Scheduled Reports Questions?

I'm attempting to schedule a monthly orders report download using the tool found here: Seller Hub > Reports > Schedule Are there any users here that have experience with this tool?Selecting the info to be contained in the "Report" is simple enough bu...

IMPORTING FILES FROM OTHER SITES

CAN ANYONE HELP -IAM TRYING TO IMPORT FILES FROM ANOTHER SELLING SITE AND WANT THEM TO BE PUT INTO MY DRAFT SECTION SO I CAN RE EDIT THEM ONE AT TIME TO CORRECT THE ERRORS THAT COME WITH TRANSFERRING FILES - AND BRING THEM UP TO EBAY STANDARDS HAVE L...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help me decipher my eBay Invoice - taxes on fees in particular

I know this has been asked and answered in the past when eBay first started collecting taxes on fees, but I did not understand it then and I still don't get it. This new tax collecting debacle with the American Sales tax and PayPal fees has got me th...

Canada Post introducing new computer system at Post Offices...and surprise, it doesn't work right

My PO was closed last Wednesday while Canada Post installed a whole new computer system. Today was the first day i had to go to the PO with a package (slow month) since then. Package was for the US. I had my QR code all filled out and ready to go lik...

• 33 replies
  • 5 helpful

Items Will Not Show Up In Search

I've noticed over the past few months that my items will not show up in a general search, and also are not in "newly listed items". Unless I make the search so specific i.e. like putting 5 or 6 words out of my title, then my item comes up, but by its...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Sending an offer in Canadian dollars?

I sell on .com, so my listings are in US$. I have a potential Canadian buyer that doesn't want to pay in US. I tried to send an offer and change the designation, but I can't do it. She doesn't want the price to come off her credit card in US. Any sug...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Incomplete address

I have a new buyer within Canada with a package that will be sent expedited, but they have the address as first name then just "R" for the surname. Would you mail it with that?I have send a couple of messages but no reply.

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Vacation setting WWYD re handling?

Finally the US/Canada border will be opening up for short trips without a PCR test. I will be going across the border for 2 1/2 days in December. Now I will indicate that I am on vacation for those days, but currently have a 2 day handling, would you...

Will Canadian Store Free Listing Insertions MATCH .com store levels in 2022?

Seeing the announcements that the extra 100k Free insertion listings bonus was discontinued after a year, Oct 31 2021, but that ebay is extending it till Dec 31.....does that mean Canada will be converted to the NEW store free insertions listings lev...

Cannot access buyers phone number on mobile app

Incredibly frustrating and absolutely going to result in lost packages. You cannot access the buyers phone number on the ebay mobile app. So when your standing in your local post office and filling out the customs form and it asks for delivery addres...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels