Can't combine orders anymore

Why can't I send an invoice to customers who purchase multiple items anymore?

Sometimes I have the option, and many times I don't.
I had a customer put an offer in for 15 postcards the other day. I accepted all of them.

When I tried to send an invoice,  I received an error message saying that some of the postcards had already been paid. Ended up with 15 separate payments from the customer, including 15 separate eBay transaction fees. Customer also was not honoured any of my combined shipping rules ($1 for first postcard, 10 cents for each additional) and paid $15 for shipping instead of $2.40. I ended up having to make 14 partial refunds.  I also add packing slips to my packages and now am left with eBay's only option of printing off 15 individual packing slips instead of just one! Or... I have to make my own packing slip using a spreadsheet or word processor!

My next customer put an offer in for two postcards, which I accepted. This time I was not even given the option to send an invoice so that combined shipping would properly be addressed.  The customer ended up making two separate payments, which results in two packing slips again, plus another refund for S/H overpayment.

Seller hub also stated that there were NO orders eligible for combined purchases!

What is going on?

I've been doing this for a couple of decades and the invoicing system worked more or less flawlessly.

Lately it has been a real joke - sometimes allowing me to invoice the customer, sometimes not even giving me the option anywhere at all.

Why should I be making multiple refunds?

Why should I be printing multiple packing slips?

The one thing for certain is that I am not the individual that eats up the unnecessary multiple 30 cent transaction fees that come along with this stupidity - it is passed along to the buyer.  Each additonal postcard should result in a 90 cent refund, but I'm handing back only 30 cents... ( 90 cents - 30 cent unnecessary transaction fee = 60 cents. Then I half that value to pay for unnecessary miscellaneous expenses such as extra paper, ink, and my time making things right).

Anyone have any insight into how to automatically have combined shipping and invoices work seamlessly like they used to?

This screwed up system is costing my customers money and myself time.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't combine orders anymore

Check this page

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

At the bottom where is says "Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer. " You would need to toggle that OFF for you to be able to not have 15 items paid for on a best offer and send out a bunch of partial refunds

Ebays changing the site recently to require payment before you make an offer because there is so many deadbeats on the site. I sell sports cards and have it turned OFF so buyers can get combined shipping and I don't have to refund a million extra shipping charges (and I always keep 30 cents to cover that transaction fee if people still pay for everything separate and don't follow instructions when they message me about getting combined shipping)

Good luck, if that's not turned on not sure what the problem was but that's what it sounds like, the new auto pay feature ebays rolling out

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Check this page

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

At the bottom where is says "Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer. " You would need to toggle that OFF for you to be able to not have 15 items paid for on a best offer and send out a bunch of partial refunds

Ebays changing the site recently to require payment before you make an offer because there is so many deadbeats on the site. I sell sports cards and have it turned OFF so buyers can get combined shipping and I don't have to refund a million extra shipping charges (and I always keep 30 cents to cover that transaction fee if people still pay for everything separate and don't follow instructions when they message me about getting combined shipping)

Good luck, if that's not turned on not sure what the problem was but that's what it sounds like, the new auto pay feature ebays rolling out

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks, it was turned on.

Hopefully switching it off solves the problem.

I'll give it a few sales before confirming any success...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply