Canada Post Tracking # Question

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has ever encountered this.

I manually added a Canada Post tracking # to one of my orders on February 28.  When you click on the tracking # link it does not show any information and advises you to click on the tracking # link again.  When you do this it takes you to the Canada Post website where it tells you that the tracking # is valid however no information is found and lists reasons why this could be the case.

What's interesting is that if I just go to the Canada Post website and enter the tracking # in directly through their website all the details come up? ie, when it was submitted etc.  So I know the tracking # is valid and works however it does not work off of the link through ebay.  I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the destination.  Parcel is heading from the GTA to Newfoundland?

Thank you for your time

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

As long as it comes up on the Canada Post site, it's valid.

And you can see where it is.

Do NOT ask your customer about this.

The whole purpose of tracking (really Confirmation of Delivery) is in case of a Claim of non-delivery by an unhappy customer.

Don't poke a sleeping bear.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Don't poke a sleeping bear.

Schmaltz Warning !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK-6v6oqeEA

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the reply.  It was my customer that actually brought it to my attention.

Turns out l entered an extra digit in the ebay system and when i went to cross reference with the Canada Post website I inputed the # off of the receipt.  It took me a day to catch the error.  All is good.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply