False Free Shipping showing on Other Items For Sale page

OK, I don't know if my browser has gone nuts or I've gone crazy or eBay has gone crazy.

I was checking some of my listings for something else and clicked on the View Other Items page. To my horror there were a lot of listing showing Free Shipping, that are NOT free shipping.

FreeListingSnip-.jpg

So I clicked on the first one Every Mans Book and here is what it showed under shipping. That looks OK. No Free Shipping

FreeListingSnip--2.jpg 

Just to make sure, I clicked Revise Listing to make sure the Free Shipping Box was not checked

FreeListingSnip--3.jpg 

Everything looks good there too.

So why are there so many of my items showing up with Free Shipping when I look at them via the View Other Items for Sale Page?

Of course when I went back to view again the page was as it should be with shipping price quoted. But then I started the process from scratch again, and lo and behold there were the free shipping items again. I cannot nail down what path I am taking to come up with this page, but it seems to come and go depending on what route is taken to get there. The free shipping is there one time and then gone the next.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Does anyone have any idea what is causing it?

Glad I got the screen snips, or I would think it was me going crazy.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

No clue-- although I have noticed when doing revisions that while I usually offer Free Shipping to Canada and the USA but never overseas, from time to time my listings will put overseas destinations in with the Free Shipping to Canada  on dotCOM.

Not often enough to panic me, but it means I cannot comfortably do bulk relists because those don't allow me to check shipping costs.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I haven't seen this RECENTLY but it is a glitch that has happened in the past.

This week has been a clusterbuck at the White House and also here on eBay with all kinds of crazy things happening.

It will sort itself out, give it a few days while they get the hamsters back on track.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I couldn't duplicate your results..I tried to look a couple of different ways but I don't see free shipping on those items. I have no idea why that would happen.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@pjcdn2005wrote:

I couldn't duplicate your results..I tried to look a couple of different ways but I don't see free shipping on those items. I have no idea why that would happen.

Thanks for checking. I have tried again off and on for the last few hours, and the hamsters seem to be back on track.  The Free Shipping is not showing up any more. I guess I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hope other people don't see it though.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply