Canada post is killing me and I mean it is just sad

So my lost lettermail for the last 4 months has exceeded my lost parcels for 3 years combine and now today some how I shipped 4 cases to a guy and they only receiveed 2 cases ..

FYI the buyer and I have been doing business for over 1 yr and have a great business relationship so all is well  and I know the buyer is not lying ..

Canada post suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss rant over

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

O ya  another one ... 2 months ago I had a parcel shipped and returned to me .. I called Canada post asked if I could just ship out again with same label and they said yes that would work just fine ....

Shipped it out and it got lost and they told me I can not make claim because tracking showed delivered back to me so I explained what I did and I did it because a Canada post Rep told me too ...

out $150 on that one and let me tell you for the first time in 10 years I was very ignorant and I was ready to reach through the phone and knock some heads together

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Almopst forgot it was returned to me because the they return to shipper as they thought I was the receiver ... It was very obvious

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I had three returned to me like that, to sender instead of recipient. I now circle the delivery address with a marker pen, and I haven't had the same problem since. One was a bad one, an Australian buyer wanted a tablecloth quickly and paid express shipping, it came back to my mail box three days later!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

YA that has happened to me 6 times in the last 3 months so last time I just claimed it lost because I said screw it ... IThey can;t  do there job they can pay the price ..

So I gave my buyer a 50% refund and said thats your gift from Canada post and I hope you enjoy

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Brande, something must be up between you and your sorting center, because nobody else seems to be experiencing elevated amount of issues.

Few months ago I started getting some of my mail back, and it was obvious it's bounced from sorting facility. It was because we use older stamps, so maybe a new hiree was getting confused. Postal clerk checked every single time and it was all good, few cents above the required price point, so I wrote a note for sorting facility supervisor, postal clerk passed it on and did not have issue since.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Ya I do think there is an issue but It hard to prove anything as 90% of my mail is lettermail ..

For the parcels that bounced back I just kept getting told there must be something your doing wrong which after the 4 or 5th time I flipped kittens I was so mad ..

I took pictures and sent them to a supervisor to prove nothing was wrong with parcels and told them I have been doing this for years and I know how to ship goods it was very frustrating and a little insulting which made me angry because I was probably talking to someone who knew less about the company they worked for then I do but I have always taken pride on NEVER being rude to customer service workers as I was one for many years and still am with my business but I had enough ...

Anyways I wrote Them a letter and will be sending it out ...

Is there anyone I should address it to specifically ??

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Is there anyone I should address it to specifically ??

Yes, Jacques Côté, Group President, Physical Delivery Network, at Canada Post.

Tom

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Address:
1424 Sandford Fleming Ave,
Ottawa, ON K1A 0C1

He's in the Emerald Palace there. (Not it's real name, but it's a big green glass building.)

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Huh??

Côté is the #2 man at Canada Post and very definitely in the executive suite of 2701 Riverside Drive, Ottawa.

Tom

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Got the wrong address from Google.  Thanks for the correction.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thanks everyone I really do appreciate it as I need all this **bleep** to stop .. The INR are still just piling up and I don't know why or what is going on but I am happy my life is good because this business and Canada post are going to drive me to drink and I haven't had a drink sense I was a teenager LOL

Message 12 of 12
latest reply