'Ebay CEO Gets Aggressive With Deadbeats'

2 REPLIES 2

I've seen a rash of Unpaid Items lately from Best Offers that I've accepted where the buyer apparently decides against proceeding with the purchase once their offer was accepted.

And on the other side of the coin, two times since Christmas a buyer was blocked twice in a row in a day for Unpaid Items on purchasing an item and then on the third attempt to purchase was successful. I find it hard to believe these buyers both waited until the stroke of 12-months expired to try buying from me and then twice were both rejected only to succeed on the third attempt. These were unquestionable the same buyers who were blocked twice in a row that then on the third try succeeded. It was that item that sold to a buyer whose account had exactly that feedback count on an account with the same 'member since' information. The first time, I thought it was a fluke, the second, not so much.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

For me it's simple, if they do not pay no matter what the

- reason

- silence to payment slips

- excuse, and i have heard many.

I let the Unpaid Item Assistant take care of the issue.

Before I purchase anything

- I make sure I can pay for it

- Ask any questions about it

- Read the entire listing beforehand, yep it takes time but?! (does anyone actually read the listing details anymore, other than looking at the pictures and making their own assumptions?)

The number one issue with eBay is that they do not realize that

WE THE SELLERS ARE THEIR CUSTOMERS.

AND THAT THE BUYERS ARE OUR CUSTOMERS

And personally my Buyers are coming to buy directly from me off feeBay on my own site and social media and

"it was all eBay'sown undoing"

Just  like this was too

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/may/21/ebay-accused-failing-sellers-buyers-manipulate-system-...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply