Ebay thinks I'm in the US? Shipping is all messed up.

I listed two items, no problem. Then when I went to list the next one, I realized I clicked on the ebay.com instead of ca. Was filling out a a sale when I noticed things were different. Stopped, backed out. But now my shipping options are constantly missing or changing. I can't revise old ones or post any new auctions properly. 

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Oh, and every time my wife and I type in "Paldea" in the search bar, it switching it to "Paldra" 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you start on .com or click on a listing on .com and try to sell one similar to it ebay always treats the US as domestic.  If you go back to .ca though that shouldn't affect you.  What specific problems are you having now with the shipping?   Since you have 0 feedback, its possible that ebay is preventing you from listing more.

Have you signed up for Managed Payments? You will need to that in or to get paid.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

EBay uses autocorrect as badly as every other online program. Sigh.

If you haven't yet signed up for Managed Payments take a break from listing and do so.

Make sure you are on dotCA or it won't work.

Many people have reported problems with using Tangerine as their bank. It seems to be on the bank end not eBay.

There's a lot to be said for having a seperate bank account for online selling, unattached to your household accounts.

There are also sometimes problems with the "mini deposit" system of identification. You DON'T have to use your SIN, but you will need secondary ID.  I used my passport, DH his driving license.

You have restrictions on the number and value of your listings until you have proved yourself, and that might be part of your original problem.

If so, try the reps covering the FaceBook Chat

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

You get a transcript.

The phone reps mean well , but....

Best wishes on your new venture!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply