Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Physical Handling of Expedited Lite Items

Does anyone know how expedited lite items are physically handled in the pipeline? If I use an expedited lite label on an item in a bubble mailer (it's small enough to go oversized lettermail if I choose), is it going to be tossed in with other boxes ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

If item purchased for resell but doesn't sell (disposed), does it lower the tax obligation?

I know this is not a tax forum and I should discuss with tax advisor, okay. But I am wondering how other people do this. I am talking about simple accounting, purchase inventory + other expenses as cost and total sales as revenue ... tax on the diffe...

Late delivery

Sold an item to be delivered in Israel, it took 30 days to be delivered, EBay hit me with late delivery , Item was shipped within 1 working day as per my store policy, I can’t control courier’s delivery time!

Increase in non-payments?

Has anyone noticed an increase in people giving offers and not paying for the items? I've had three or four this month. I usually get two a year. All but one came from established accounts. I'll accept the offer, send them an invoice or a message aft...

Overriding Shipping Policy Rate for A Listing Glitch

Bit of a glitch when I want to use a shipping policy but override the shipping cost for that particular listing. It will not take when I do it while setting up the listing. The only way I get it to work is scheduling it to go live at a future date, t...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Main listing pictures don't enlarge when clicked on

Today I found that when I click on a main listing picture it doesn't enlarge but instead stays the same size as on the listing. All other pictures on the listing enlarge as you scroll through them but if you scroll back to the first picture it is sti...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

when do selling defects get taken off your account

i have two selling defects from lst year that have not been taken off my account yet one is june 11th one is june 15 both from last year does anyone know when they are taken off your account as it has been a year now i have two from last july that wi...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

length of time when changes are made to a listing about actually appearing in the listing

i read the .com community pages a lot and there was comment made there about listing reivisions taking 24 hours to appear or upload and that your listing for that time 24 hours is really not available even though it shows to you the seller it is --- ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

EBAY IS A BUNCH OF THIEVES!

EBay promotes selling on their platform, yet when a seller sells their items EBay steals the money! EBay sends a bogus money transfer letter with all pertinent information blacked out so the banks can NOT find the transfer! What are you hiding EBay?!...

Changing listing currency

Hi, I used to list in USD but changed it to CAD years ago. Now I'm trying to list in USD on the ebay.ca site again but can't figure out how to change the settings from CAD to USD. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Resolved! Canada Post Integration

Hi thereI read that Canada Post is now offering level 4 discounts to eBay sellers. Is there a way to see the discount when listing an item? It seems like you need to wait until the item is sold to see this discount. Am I wrong??Thanks in advance

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Managed payments rip off

Since i signed up for managed payments i feel i am getting ripped of by eBay.ExampleA transaction before with Paypal would add up to eBay and Paypal fees of 15% of the total so for a transaction for $17.95 the would be $2.69I just paid eBay $4.32 on ...

Pictures - Lighting

I'm curious, does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap lighting setup or light box they use to take pictures? I've moved recently and where I take pictures now casts an awful shadow that I can't do anything about so was lookng at options but know...

New Observations - How search NOW works

In researching a magazine I wanted to list when I search using "Rock & Gem Magazine March 1997" the exact item comes up as listed 13th. The first 12 are assortment of Rolling Stones Magazines + 1 Wrestling Magazine. If I drop the march 1997 similar m...

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1687034425761.png

Resolved! Refunds

I had to cancel a purchase today that had already been paid out to my bank. The total was 18.40. I expected ebay to access the refund money direct from my chequing account but it appears that they no longer do that, because now my funds say "-$18.40"...

Generating eBay postal labels

Is anyone else having problems generating eBay postage labels today? I had this problem earlier this week for a couple of days & finally eBay posted (with the error message) that Canada Post was having trouble but nothing this time. It takes me to pr...

Oh My! Shipping Cost More Than The Item Itself

I just shipped something to BC. The item is fairly cheap and light so I put the shipping as $10. It cost me twice that much to ship. So I made nothing I was looking around for a announcement that I thought eBay sent out about Zone shipping or somethi...

SELLER NEWSLETTER

Hello Friends: I have a relatively new wBay Store. I have one question. I am planning to send out Seller Newslaters. My question is this. Where on the eBay Store will I find the option for potential buyers to subscribe to the newsletter? In other wor...

Why is ebay asking for my passport for ID

I received an email from ebay asking to provide identification. Ebay is asking for either a drivers license or passport, neither of which i have. Ebay went thru this id with the managed payment setup so they have my information. Why are you asking fo...

• 17 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Return label to USA

So long story short I sold a small compact camera .paid 15 ca for shipping to buyer a few days after delivery buyer open a case and advise it was not working as described and that they wanted to return it I accepted request. I said now what as I neve...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Has anyone shipped to Germany since the VerpackG Packaging Act?

I read here earlier in the year about Germany's Verpack G (Packaging Act) that was staring July 1, 2022 and that sellers would need a valid LUCID Registration. While I have shipped to Germany several times in the past it was not enough to investigate...

• 12 replies
  • 2 helpful
Labels