Estimated Delivery Date Glitch

Hi Everyone! Looks like my estimated delivery dates/time frame is way off. tyler@ebay Maybe you folks can look into this

From the business policies section, eBay lists standard shipping as 1-10 business days and Canada Post Xpresspost as 1-3 business days which is accurate. 

Capture2.JPG

When selecting these options and saving, on my actual listing it shows 7-16 business days for standard and 7-9 days for Xpresspost. 

Capture.JPG

Capture3.JPG

I've seen other sellers and their listings, they are perfectly fine, showing 2-11 business days for standard shipping and 2-4 for Xpresspost.

Not sure if this is a glitch or an error hard to compete against other sellers and websites where your shipping delivery estimates are provided inaccurately, ultimately turning buyers away

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @technologybarn - there is not currently an issue with estimated delivery times displaying properly. 

If you're seeing higher than usual estimated delivery times on your items I'd suggest reviewing your account performance (link here) to see if you could be impacted by a 'Very High' rating in the Item Not Received service metric as we announced last year. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

perhaps you have your handling time set to 6 days, that would explain the extra 6 days.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

As a customer would you rather be told your purchase would arrive in nine days and have it arrive in three, or be told it would arrive in one day and have it arrive in four?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

eBay has been way off the wall for years and years with the so-called estimate for mail delivery, they need to wise up and stop and put in proper estimate right away!!  The sellers don't need addition grief from the buyers because of eBay!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

This is on average rating, still affects it?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Handling time is listed as 1 business day. Not sure where you got 6 from!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

But as a buyer would you purchase from a seller that advertises 1-11 days estimated delivery or from a seller that some how has 7-16 days? Or go purchase something on a site that sells everything from A to Z and get promised to arrive tomorrow or in two days at the same price?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Almost everyday I get buyers asking me about why shipping takes half a month within the same province and even same city according to the estimate. I have to explain this is an inaccurate estimate by eBay each time and tell them shipping takes much less time... I end up not getting the sale and sale goes elsewhere. You are right, sellers don't need additional grief and should get more respect from eBay! 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Are you using regular flat rate shipping choices or the new rate table ?

flat rate choices, rate tables not usedflat rate choices, rate tables not used

Also:

"Starting October 2018, if you have very high occurrences of poor buyer experiences, you will be notified via email and may be subject to extended estimated delivery times..."

Check your emails (or seller dashboard) to see if you are getting penalized the extra 5 days by eBay -- your feedback has a number of shipping speed complaints from buyers.

-..-

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi @technologybarn - if your Service Metrics for Item Not Received requests is 'Very High' for a particular category, items that you list within that category will have additional time added to the estimated delivery dates. 

Doing this allows us to provide buyers with an estimate that includes a built-in buffer to help you avoid further Item Not Received requests. As your items begin arriving within or below that estimated delivery date and your Item Not Received rate drops, the extra buffer time won't be needed any longer. When your Item Not Received rate drops below the 'Very High' threshold the additional time will drop off your listings. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 11
latest reply