Funds on hold

Did not sold on this account for around a year and i sold something january 2. So i had restrictions and money was on hold awaiting delivery. Did not mind at first. Shipped lettermail i thought it would release at estimated delivery date (january 18). We past it and funds stay on hold for this item. I guess the system is waiting tracking delivery confirmation. That's normal? How are we supposed to have those funds released?

Weirdly i sold another a few days after and that sale had no hold. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Funds on hold

Maybe it was a higher valued item? The hold is longer if it's a high value item, sometimes even for long time sellers depending on price.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Funds on hold

It's just $15 

And i know if i contact support i'll talk to clueless people who will request tracking. Just wonder how funds from a sale shipped lettermail are supposed to be release when the hold status is because its awaiting delivery confirmation. Usually the logic is the estimated delivery date 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Funds on hold

byto253
Community Member

From what I recall it is the earliest of tracked shipping confirmation or 30(?) days.   When I started some would randomly go through without the hold.   Who knows with the algorythms and that you have not been inactive on that account for too long. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Funds on hold

Okay so it's not a high value item so that's not the issue. If the estimated delivery was Jan. 18th (yesterday) I don't think it would be immediately that very day without tracking, probably at least a few days/week afterwards, worse case  may be as byto mentions 30 days (from sale not delivery).

The most I've taken off selling is a few months (during various lockdowns in Ontario, plus sometimes took the summer months off) and that never affected holds so I don't know from personal experience, only what I've read here on the forums. There are probably many posts on the subject here.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Funds on hold

My belief is also that it is 30 days after the date it was marked shipped without a tracking number, but I do not have personal experience to confirm.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Funds on hold

So i contacted support as it's past estimated delivery date. Whoever wonder, i got told funds are on hold for a whole month calendar. Unless proof of delivery or positive feedback from buyer. Any sale i do now has no holds, but that one first sale i did january 2nd is hold for a month. Brainless.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Funds on hold

Don't phone.

Use the eBay employees assigned  to social media

An online chat gives them (and you) time to understand the problem and to consider the answer.

BTW- when I opened this account I was in the same situation, but by contacting eBay and pointing to my other accounts my Holds and restrictions disappeared.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply