Generating eBay postal labels

Is anyone else having problems generating eBay postage labels  today? I had this problem earlier this week for a couple of days  & finally eBay posted (with the error message) that Canada Post was having trouble but nothing this time. It takes me to print label then a red message across the top says cannot generate label at this time Please try later.

This is to say the least frustrating & it sure would be nice if eBay would let us know if there are issues with Canada Post. Is it just me???

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Generating eBay postal labels

I printed 3 labels today through Shippo (from eBay link) and had no problem with any of them so I don't think it was a Canada Post issue (or maybe I was lucky!?!)

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@katlover1952 wrote:

Is anyone else having problems generating eBay postage labels  today? I had this problem earlier this week for a couple of days  & finally eBay posted (with the error message) that Canada Post was having trouble but nothing this time. It takes me to print label then a red message across the top says cannot generate label at this time Please try later.

This is to say the least frustrating & it sure would be nice if eBay would let us know if there are issues with Canada Post. Is it just me???

@katlover1952 

According to the CP Status page everything is running smoothly. Could be something wonkadonk with eBay labels.  I can't recall the last time when anything was noted on the eBay status page but would be nice if it did show up there.

https://status.canadapost.ca/

-Lotz

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Having problems today getting onto Canada Post website, anyone else?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I haven't any labels to print today but I tried lotz link to Canada Post above and it does have a "Service Disruption".

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Having problems today getting onto Canada Post website, anyone else?

@triber 

There is currently a service disruption with CP for domestic parcels. See link in message below. 

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1686581871456.png

-Lotz

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thanks, I get as far as "sign in" then it just keeps spinnning, been trying for 5 hours.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

im a new seller here, just experienced this myself was told to ship it maually. Ebay offered no insight. Now I get it.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hello,
I am experiencing the same issue since Saturday June 17th. I get the red banner across the top of the page thst reads "Unable to print label. Something is wrong. Please try later"
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

EBay was not particularly helpful to me either. In my instance the buyer had changed his address after the sale from a U.S. to a Canadian, then decided it was cheaper to ship to US so changed back again. The rep I spoke to said this likely caused a glitch in the system so told me to just go to the P.O. & mail. I explained that I printed my labels off eBay due to the discount we get & if I went to P.O. would not get this & shipping would cost me more than I had charged the buyer.  He then told me the only thing I could do was contact the buyer, cancel the sale & have him repurchase. This of course could result in the loss of the sale but I was able to arrange it with the buyer & sold it again. When I went to print the label for the repurchase I got the same darn red banner message. Turns out that this time it was a Canada Post issue. Would be nice if eBay would post something when it is Canada Post 's issue so we are not scratching our heads & being frustrated. IMO eBay could do this better.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply