Global Shipping Program & Apple Express Courier

I bought some shipping supplies from a seller in the US as I could not find these items locally.  He used the Global Shipping Program. I rarely ever buy from the US anymore. It took almost a month to get here. Usually with USPS takes about 1-2 weeks max. The tracking number showed it got to the Kentucky hub within a few days after my purchase. But after that no more tracking information at all. Today I got an e-mail from Apple Express Courier saying it would be delivered today. I think they should be called Apple Snail Mail. Not impressed with their service.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Well Apple probably have only had the package on hand for a couple of days, on the other hand most of the delay is probably the result of Pitney-Bowes (GSP) take their sweet time getting the package from KY to Canada.

Keep in mind, you are in Vancouver, it's likely the package entered Canada via either Toronto or Montreal and therefore likely caught up in the current weather chaos.

The last time I bought something from the US using GSP the delivery speed was actually very good probably because I'm in Toronto so the travel distance/time from the port of entry isn't much of an issue. I don't recall who did the final delivery, I don't think it was Apple Express, I seem to recall it was Canada Post which makes sense for what is really a local delivery.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

In addition  to the current ongoing delays from the pandemic and current BC problems due to climate change, the USA shuts down for Thanksgiving from roughly Wednesday the 24th  to Monday the 29th.

But Apple Express has a reputation for horribleness along with Intelcom(?).  Not only slow delivery, which may mean they are understaffed, but poor delivery practices which may be related to desperation hiring and quasi-trained carriers.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

My wife and I are on Vancouver Island.  Over the summer, she received a couple of small items sent lettermail in two cheque envelopes from a seller in the US.  They didn't arrive on the same day, but those took about a month to reach her.

But, yeah, to echo @recped's comment a bit, you can't fault Apple Express for the time it took for your item to get from Kentucky to the Canadian receiving hub (likely Mississauga) as it likely travelled as freight with a different carrier for that leg.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply