How To Revise Listing Using eBay App

I don't see an option to revise listings when using the eBay app.  Is this option just not there?

Thanks

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Is this on a phone?  There are a lot of options not available to phone users, but I'm on a computer so can't test it.  Maybe a phone user will be along and show where it is or else post a workaround. 

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I see it. Though I never use the app to sell. image.png

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I will mention, however, that if you have multiple quantities of an item sold from said listing, or an outstanding Best Offer on it, certain aspects won't be revisable. Also, if it's within a few hours of ending or an auction with bids on it, you cannot necessarily revise it.

Without knowing more about the listing in question, I cannot hazard any better guess as to what the problem may be. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

The android app does not allow revise or relist on .com for Canadians. The app is only fully functional for .ca listings.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Dumb question as I don't use a phone.

Would there be a different app from the .com site you could download to your phone so you have an app for Canada and an app for the US?

Reason I ask is that even from a desktop, you can't revise .com listings from .ca but have to log into .com site to make any changes to .com listings

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

even from a desktop, you can't revise .com listings from .ca but have to log into .com site to make any changes to .com listings

Good point.  I see now the OP lists on dotCOM and there are lots of things that can't be done from one to the other.  I think sometimes the confusion is a holdover from being able to list in both currencies on the one .CA site.  We got used to having an all-in-one. (Some anyway).

I wish people would add more details when seeking solutions.   

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Good point.

If I'm looking at my eBay.ca-created listings while logged into eBay.com on my iPhone app, the option to Revise Item vanishes.

The OP hasn't been back to the thread.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

image.png

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

i.am.vivian I'm not sure what other details I could have given initially.  I assume when I mentioned App it means that I'm referring to viewing it on a phone.  Also, I'm not even sure if the App is specifically for .com or .ca?  I just assume it's an App that you can use to view your listings no matter what site it's listed on.

I'm usually logged into .com as that's where my listings are but looking at the App it just says ebay - so not sure if it's .com or .ca.

Now I'm wondering if there's an App for .com and one for .ca.  Also keep in mind it's the first time trying the App out so I may not be using it correctly.

mj thanks for the screenshot.  The last screenshot is what I'm seeing.

Thanks guys

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Questions we need answered in order to properly troubleshoot for you:

Are you using an iPhone or an Android device? What version? 

What site are you viewing the listing on when you see this? ebay Canada or ebay USA?

What site did you list on? ebay Canada or ebay USA?

What is the item number?

Is this an auction or Fixed Price listing? Previous purchases or multi-quantiy?

Is the item ending within the next 12 to 24 hours?

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@greenmangoes wrote:

i.am.vivian I'm not sure what other details I could have given initially.  I assume when I mentioned App it means that I'm referring to viewing it on a phone.  Also, I'm not even sure if the App is specifically for .com or .ca?  I just assume it's an App that you can use to view your listings no matter what site it's listed on.

I'm usually logged into .com as that's where my listings are but looking at the App it just says ebay - so not sure if it's .com or .ca.

Now I'm wondering if there's an App for .com and one for .ca.  Also keep in mind it's the first time trying the App out so I may not be using it correctly.

mj thanks for the screenshot.  The last screenshot is what I'm seeing.

Thanks guys

Go to your settings and look what country you're logged into. That will tell you what site it is. Your problem may be as simply solved as logging into the actual site you listed it on instead of one you did not. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

IMG_8686.PNG

IMG_8687.PNG

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Wow! You rock 🙂

Thanks!

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Oh and I think you have resolved all my issues thus far.

I wasn't trying to edit a particular item - I was just trying out the App to get use to it in case I need to do something via my phone (iPhone) vs my desktop in the future.

Thanks!

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

@greenmangoes wrote:

I'm not sure what other details I could have given initially.  I assume when I mentioned App it means that I'm referring to viewing it on a phone.  Also, I'm not even sure if the App is specifically for .com or .ca?  I just assume it's an App that you can use to view your listings no matter what site it's listed on.

Not necessarily.  There are apps for PCs including the eBay app that I keep deleting and it keeps showing back up again.  It first appeared when Windows 10 stormed into my computer unannounced one night.  I thought I didn't want Windows 10, heard so many bad tales, but it actually fixed a problem I'd been having.  Been running much better ever since and I did nothing.  But now I can't seem to delete that stupid PC App Store thing, I uninstall and next thing I know it's back on again.  I'll never use it. I don't need apps, they just take up space. I use browsers. Some things just won't take "no" for an answer.  

Whatever. Glad you got your issue all sorted out.  

app store.jpg

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Apps for PC.  Didn't know that 🙂

Thanks for all you help!

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Apps apply also to desktop Macs. The slang has morphed into an abbreviation for any Application now.
Message 18 of 18
latest reply