How to get PayPal in USA?

Hi folks! 

Was anyone able to get a verified US Paypal? 

For the business purposes, to get money in and out. For that one needs a SSN otr ITIN. 

DId anyone manage to finish that route and get one? 

🙏🏻

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

For eBay purposes, sellers can no longer accept Paypal although buyers can and do still use it.

Paypal is an international company. Your Canadian PP account will accept and pay in US dollars. Set up a US dollar account with your Canadian bank, and send your USD payments there.

You may be able to get a US bank to open an account for you. Both the TDCanada Trust and the Royal Bank have US licensed banks. They are used by snowbirds and by businesses.

Bank fees can be higher than Canadian bank fees, so check if the USD account at TDNorth or RBCBank will actually be worthwhile.  Our shop did, but we were depositing thousands and even hundreds of thousands in USD annually. I had an RBCBank account for a while, but figured out that the fees were higher than paying currency conversions and closed it.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You need to explain exactly what you are trying to do.

I can't figure it out since you are registered in the Ukraine, claiming in the other thread that you are a Canadian, shipping from the US and asking about a US PayPal account which would be useless for anything to do with selling on eBay.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I moved to Canada. 

US Paypal I need to save on fees as I do most business in the US, and PP is the only way I do payments. Another words, the funds fro ebay will be transferrd to to my PP,  US PP. 

So, going back to my original question. 

Thank you

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

ebay's Managed Payments system will not deposit funds from sales to PayPal.

You could set things up to deposit your ebay sales to a US bank account and then move your money to paypal.  No way to do it directly under the current ebay system.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@priora-bts wrote:

I moved to Canada. 

US Paypal I need to save on fees as I do most business in the US, and PP is the only way I do payments. Another words, the funds fro ebay will be transferrd to to my PP,  US PP. 

So, going back to my original question. 

Thank you

If you are now a Canadian Resident you need to change that from Ukraine BEFORE signing up for managed payments AND you have to sign up for Canadian Managed payments.

It is no longer possible to have funds from Sales sent directly to PayPal.

You can choose to receive funds in US Dollars if all (or most) of your listings are on .com rather than .ca. For this you would need a Canadian based US Dollar bank account.

If you try to sign up for Managed Payments using incorrect information about your location you will end up being frozen out and your existing id will be toast.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Given the current war in Ukraine, you may find that buyers who check your feedback may not want to take a chance of buying from a war zone.

My suggestion would be, at least for the moment, to open a new account, registered in Canada, using your Canadian bank and checking account. You can, if you wish, make that a US dollar checking account, and do most of your listing on dotCOM rather than here on dotCA.

This loses your excellent feedback, of course, and your payments will be Held by eBay for up to 30 days while you prove your customer skills.  But you can ask for the Hold to be removed or reduced every 30 days. Showing the social media clerk (don't phone! the phone reps are not eBay employees!)  your Ukrainian account should help with that.

You might be able to register a dotCOM account if you have a US address and  a US bank with a checking account. But you would face many of the same problems. Plus, as you say, you would need an ITIN, and possibly pay US taxes.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply