I thought it was spam

I got an email from AZ yesterday telling me they were sending me money. I thought it was spam because I couldn't remember selling any of the books I have listed there.

Well, apparently I did, my records show I shipped on November 28.

The AZ notice doesn't give any indication that it takes them a month to pay out on a sale.

No wonder Jeff Bezos is a billionaire. All those pennies from interest on payments made a month ago.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I thought it was spam

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I got an email from AZ yesterday telling me they were sending me money. I thought it was spam because I couldn't remember selling any of the books I have listed there.

Well, apparently I did, my records show I shipped on November 28.

The AZ notice doesn't give any indication that it takes them a month to pay out on a sale.

I'm sure that un-informative ebay email titles we now have were adopted from observing the AZ dumbing down email experiments.

New AZ sellers can wait 4-6 weeks before they start getting their first payment.

Pay as you go AZ sellers, have a 2 week delay (from shipping date), then the money is available for the next scheduled weekly payment.

Monthly fee AZ sellers have no hold delay, but only get paid every 2 weeks.

Ancient AZ sellers (before Nov/2011) have no hold delay and can ask to get paid every day. Smiley Wink

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I thought it was spam

And I just got an email from Paypal telling me how valuable I am to them as a client and now I get all my money asap with no holds for cases opened either. I'd have a fit if (or when) I'm told I have to wait more than 24 hours for my funds to be released to me after a sale. That's as big a deal-breaker for me as the watermark issue was when that was first announced. 

As for PayPal, if I request the withdrawal and transfer to my account before about 11 am CST, I have it in my checking account by 4:30 pm or 5 pm at the latest on a business day.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I thought it was spam

New sellers on ebay/paypal have money held back until they are considered reliable.

AZ subtracts all their fees from sales before any payment is made.

AZ also likes to pretend that all 3rd party sellers are merely dropshipping on AZ's behalf. Hence tighter fingers on the money. 

The 2020 ebay/Ayden money handling question: more like AZ or more like the current ebay/paypal combo?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply