Input requested: Community Board Streamline

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - it's me! Your recently-absentee Community representative. 

I'm here to share a bit more about the project that has pulled me away for the last while. Sneak peek here

As part of that, I wanted to get your input on a restructure of the boards that I am considering. I am attaching photos of the current home page layout and drop downs. Items in red highlights would be removed. Items in Blue would be moved or renamed. 

Please feel free to share your thoughts below!

Renaming 'Seller News' to 'Announcements'. Removing the Seller Updates and System Status sectionsRenaming 'Seller News' to 'Announcements'. Removing the Seller Updates and System Status sectionsEliminating all Q&A boards except for Buying and SellingEliminating all Q&A boards except for Buying and SellingFocusing boards that receive larger traffic and moving boards to align with categories that make more sense than current layouts.Focusing boards that receive larger traffic and moving boards to align with categories that make more sense than current layouts. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Does it sound too clinical if we call it 'eBay Off Topic' or 'Member Connect and Share'?

Yes.

EBay Cafe isn't bad nor is Town Square-- it's the duplication that annoys me.

Soapbox? Nah-- invites arguements rather than discussions.

I disagree that seller problems should be kept secret or even private. Many buyers are occasional sellers. Many sellers are occasional buyers.

Even describing scams is more useful in helping others spot them, than the occasional warped person who might get a new crooked idea.

Buyers and sellers are not enemies, we are I hope, neighbours helping one another. You need  a dress pattern, I need money. Let's work together in mutual cooperation.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

I hear you on the duplication, it's done nothing but irk me for weeks.

From a strict architectural standpoint I have to have a 'folder' that the discussion board can live in, I can't let it wander free. That's why we have the Cafe board > Town Square business we have now. 

I have an idea that may work, but it will require me to poke about for a bit. For now I'll leave it be. Thanks @reallynicestamps

Tyler,
eBay
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

I hear you on the duplication, it's done nothing but irk me for weeks.

From a strict architectural standpoint I have to have a 'folder' that the discussion board can live in, I can't let it wander free. That's why we have the Cafe board > Town Square business we have now. 

I have an idea that may work, but it will require me to poke about for a bit. For now I'll leave it be. Thanks @reallynicestamps

With this new "streamlined" version of the discussion board will there be a way for sellers to advise eBay of major system outages. Missing payment messages/sales emails, Shipping outages, Customer Service backlogs/or down, etc? When I have seen reports in the discussion area of something major I can't recall ever seeing any kind of flag on the Status page. And then the only way to truly know if something that was broken to find out if it was fixed, is to keep on checking because there is rarely an announcement. Example the current Fuel Surcharge issue. Turns into a really bad game of "Are we there yet"!!! Or will it still be a case of lots of reports by lots of users complaining of the same issue?

-Lotz

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Is it possible to sort by "recently updated" as opposed to "recently created", I can't see how to do that, that's how I had it before today.....

Message 24 of 24
latest reply