International rectriction on my listing

I'm on Ebay canada,and when I list a Hotwheel to be sold to Canada and the US,its not listed properly.So then when I want to see my auction,I'm not able to, and I get a red rectangle with an alert saying:

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

When I look up for my item in hotwheel Batmobile,its not there .Have to have a more precise title and then I can find it in the international section at the bottom of the page.Have listed simular items at these prices in december and had no problems like this at the time.Whats the fix!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I see this when I look at your listings if I pretend to be from the US.

"Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid Postal Code."

This indicates the shipping calculator is not set up correctly.

access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries

Over the years I've seen a few reports of this being shown for no apparent reason. I don't think anyone knows why but perhaps it's in some way connected to the message I see.

Suggest you fix the shipping part and see if it goes away.

FYI - If I search for the listing on .com it does come up for me but shows "Shipping not specified"

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Yes you need to specify a shipping cost for USA. Also you are charging a bit too much for Canada. $17.64 CDN is too high, nobody is going to bid.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Do you use French eBay? If so,that is probably why you are getting that message. I think that the system thinks that you are in France which has a lot of restrictions on brand name items.  I don't know why ebay thinks that someone in Quebec is in France but I have seen this happen before.

Try clearing your history and cache and then sign back into english ebay and see if that makes a difference.

As others said, your U.S. shipping isn't showing up. If you are using expedited USA you might be below the minimum dimensions allowed for that service. 21cm x 14cm x .5cm

Canada expedited allows smaller packages so that is why the calculator would work for Canada and not the U.S.

You might want to look at using Tracked Packet USA as it can be less expensive than expedited. TP rates are based on weight only so the package will cost the same to anywhere in the U.S.

Are you aware that if you use Paypal shipping to print your label, you will save from 8% - 14 % on xpresspost, expedited and tracked packet.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the info,noticed that  I could not have the small package shipped,thought it was an error.will try your method,just might do it.Sold stuff before with out this restriction.Thanks again.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the info.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply