Invoice

Anonymous
Not applicable

I sold an item to a buyer in Netherlands and send him the invoice for Tracked Packet International and he insisted that I revise the invoice with Tracked Packet USA to an USA address.  I told it was impossible as all I got is his Netherlands address.  He suggested that I edit the address to USA address.  I told him that PayPal Shipping don't allow as it would not protect me as a seller if I do that.

He insisted that it is my end that I don't give him a choice to choose USA address.  But that is impossible as all I see is his Netherlands address.  I told him that he should add USA address in his eBay/PayPal profiles but he kept insisted it is my end that is causing the problem.  I got fed up with wasting time going around and around and around and told that I cancel the order. 

Anyone have any idea about it.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Invoice

Remember when you cancel the order to make the reason "Problem with Address" otherwise you will get a Defect.

You are right. The buyer has to add the US address to his PP account or you are not protected when you use a different one.

You could also open an Unpaid Item Dispute since he has not paid the original invoice nor given you a usable US address. Usable meaning, attached to his Paypal account.

Remember to add him to your Blocked Bidder List.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Invoice

When the buyer makes payment they can pick the address on eBay that they want to use and it should automatically charge them for the correct shipping amount.  If they weren't able to do that the problem 'might' have been caused by the invoice that you sent. Once you send an invoice it 'may' override the address that the buyer is using.  It really isn't necessary or a good idea to send an invoice unless one is requested because you don't know what address the buyer is going to want the item sent to until they pay. Buyers can pay without an invoice through the listing or through the email from eBay.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Invoice

The address would be added to their eBay account, not PP. You can't add an out of country address to PP. But a buyer can buy showing one address and then pay using another one..that's why it is not a good idea to send an invoice unless the buyer has requested one. If they do request one, they need to do so showing the correct eBay address.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Invoice

No?

I get international PP payments all the time.

Do you mean that PP only allows addresses in one country? That would put  snowbirds and gift givers in a difficult position.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Invoice

@reallynicestamps wrote:

No?

I get international PP payments all the time.

Do you mean that PP only allows addresses in one country? That would put  snowbirds and gift givers in a difficult position.

You can add a foreign address to eBay and it will then be selectable at checkout via PayPal, in PayPal itself you are limited to addresses within your own country.

Try it yourself, in PayPal you cannot change the Country field when adding an alternate shipping address.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Invoice

Not at all since the address can be added on eBay or whichever site the purchase is made on.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Invoice

I had a buyer like that once (only he had a US address and wanted me to ship to Canada). I told him to send me an invoice request with his news address. He was not so happy about it. Said sellers would ship to a different address all the time, that in over 10 years, he never had to go through hoops and loops, blah, blah, blah. I insisted and he finally sent an invoice request with his Canadian address. I was then - and only then - able to send him the accurate shipping cost.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Invoice

Probably too late for this particular transaction but I just remembered being in this situation a couple of weeks ago.

Buyer registered in China purchased several items and sent me a message asking for a total with shipping to the USA. When I went to send the invoice it came up with their Hong Kong address. All I did was change the shipping amount to what it would be if shipped to the USA and in the notes field indicated "revised shipping to USA".

The buyer then sent payment via PayPal showing their US address.

In theory he could have sent the payment with the China address (and the US shipping amount) but he didn't.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply