Is the Tracked Pkt USA discounted shipping ending March 31st?

Does anyone know if the discounted shipping for Tracked Pkt USA is ending this weekend? Any chance it will be continued?

Edit: never mind, I just saw the notice that it has been extended indefinitely! Yay!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

marnotom!
Community Member

There's a link to this annoucement on the top of the eBay Canada Community landing page:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Canada-Post-Tracked-Packet-USA-discounts-on-eBay-Labels-e...

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

Does anyone know if the discounted shipping for Tracked Pkt USA is ending this weekend? Any chance it will be continued?

Edit: never mind, I just saw the notice that it has been extended indefinitely! Yay!

WHAT????

cat_shock.jpg

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

@vintagenorth wrote:

WHAT????

cat_shock.jpg

It looked like that was going happen when small packet air got turfed as a shipping option when you got to eBay Labels. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Scrooge mc Duck.jpg

 We're gonna be making coin!

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

It's a real game changer. I wonder if ChitChats will survive this ..... 🙄

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

It's a real game changer. I wonder if ChitChats will survive this ..... 🙄

@38e_avenue 

Shippo offers discounted rates to Canadian sellers. Problem being we were unable to link the specific discount to our listings. (Plus default for Canadian sellers was feed paypal or CC).  Same goes for Net Parcel. How many sellers did Shippo/Net Parcel lose? For me that was approx. 3500.oo to 4000.oo for 2022 in postage.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

@vintagenorth 

@38e_avenue 

@

@devon@ebay   FYI

FYI for anyone who has set up lower value listings to the States using Small Packet Air only.

Because USA tracked was basically a non-starter for low value items in the past it was usually not included by many sellers. Going forward IF you have OLD listings with Small Packet Air  as your go to for the USA eBay is now blocking that service (not showing when buyers check). There could be sellers who use other shipping methods besides eBay Labels. This could also affect their listings inadvertently. In the past SPA did show but going forward it is no longer a shipping option to the USA with eBay Labels.

I had a buyer add a listing of mine to their watch list. During the process I confirmed shipping was available to the USA just in case. The listing showed NO available US options.

Wording this a different way, SPA has now become service non grata according to eBay.

-Lotz

Disclaimer: Unable to confirm if this is happening across the board. Have only checked 1 example. This change may be in the process of updating across eBay ca.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Nevermind Shippo/NetParcels...RIP ChitChats

Not worth for me anymore to waste gas and time to save less than $0.50 a parcel with the new eBay/CPC extended rates. I used to reload my funds weekly with them (at least $100/week), no more worth the hassle. I know you live in a remote area that doesn't have access to such service, but most of us in Southern Ontario, that's how we were able to survive; now we are all on equal footing shipping wise, regardless of where we live. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

was thinking the same, haven't reloaded my funds with them in months...

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@parts_and_diecasts wrote:

Nevermind Shippo/NetParcels...RIP ChitChats

Not worth for me anymore to waste gas and time to save less than $0.50 a parcel with the new eBay/CPC extended rates. I used to reload my funds weekly with them (at least $100/week), no more worth the hassle. I know you live in a remote area that doesn't have access to such service, but most of us in Southern Ontario, that's how we were able to survive; now we are all on equal footing shipping wise, regardless of where we live. 

Exactly my thoughts! I plan to move from QC to the West (Lower Mainland). I checked carefuly, where is the nearby ChitChats branch located, what is the access, etc. Cities without easy access to ChitChats were excluded from my research. NOT ANYMORE, because CP is everwyhere! 

Additionally, ChitChats has some serious problems to resolve: difficult or impossible returns, vanished pockages, cancelled labels issues/refusals, etc. 

The discount's indefinite extension was what I (quietly) expected. After the second extension I understood, that they experiment and CALCULATE. Apparently, they made some (or maybe even a lot) of money, thanks to returning/new customers. 😃 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

I never had any problems directly with Chit Chats USPS service over hundreds of packages.

The only one problem I encountered was before they had a local drop spot in my city. I sent a large batch in via CanPar. It was temporarily lost, but found within a week or so. 

I suppose the Chit Chats experience is completely different if you don't have a branch in your city. Returns were always easy. They even provide an automated return label with each shipment now. I found it to be a very good service overall.

I am very happy about the Tracked Packet discount, because it simplifies things. I can drop packages locally in a Canada Post box. With that said, I do feel guilty about not using Chit Chats or Stallion because I think in the long run if those services go away, we're setting ourselves up to be at the mercy of eBay/Canada Post. In the case of these current discounts from Canada Post, I suspect that competition from Chit Chats and Stallion are the reason that eBay was able to negotiate for these kind of rates.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

As expected, ChitChats did not survive the new CP/Ebay's offer - they are closing most of the succursales in Québec. Mine will be closed, too. Bye, bye ChitChats! CP - I am back!  

From ChitChats' CEO: "In the recent year, we’ve seen rising costs and done our best to minimize this impact to you. After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to restructure our operations which will result in closing some of our branches.  As business owners yourselves, you know just how tough a decision this is. It was made especially difficult knowing the impact it would have on you, our clients, and your customers. We recognize that this news is disappointing but we want to reassure you our team is available to provide you support through this transition." 

I got only a notification about Quebéc's branches - I wonder if they closed in other provinces, too. 

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

As expected, ChitChats did not survive the new CP/Ebay's offer - they are closing most of the succursales in Québec. Mine will be closed, too. Bye, bye ChitChats! CP - I am back!  

From ChitChats' CEO: "In the recent year, we’ve seen rising costs and done our best to minimize this impact to you. After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to restructure our operations which will result in closing some of our branches.  As business owners yourselves, you know just how tough a decision this is. It was made especially difficult knowing the impact it would have on you, our clients, and your customers. We recognize that this news is disappointing but we want to reassure you our team is available to provide you support through this transition." 

Like PayPal, NetParcel and Shippo, that worked great.... sadly until they didn't. Another one bites the dust. Now if only eBay Labels could come up with a way to create labels that were not eBay related transactions and for any types of returns?

-Lotz

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Now if only eBay Labels could come up with a way to create labels that were not eBay related transactions and for any types of returns?

-Lotz

They will never allow that.  

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Now if only eBay Labels could come up with a way to create labels that were not eBay related transactions and for any types of returns?

-Lotz

They will never allow that.  

They would if they could figure out how to turn it into a revenue stream. As it currently runs there has to be something in it for them by providing eBay Labels and why label costs are not displayed transparently.

Others are able to do it.

Shippo's fee structure is designed to be beneficial for e-commerce store owners. We only charge $0.05 per shipping label, and this fee is waived when using Shippo's carrier accounts. There are no additional hidden fees or monthly fees.

How much does Pitney Bowes cost per month?
Your information with Pitney Bowes is protected. The cost of postage, carrier charges, supplies and taxes are not included in your free trial or monthly subscription fee. Unlimited online shipping and mailing. After your 30-day trial, you will be charged $14.99/mo.

Stamps.com allows users to print official United States Postal Service stamps and shipping labels for a monthly subscription fee of $19.99.

-Lotz
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

I got only a notification about Quebéc's branches - I wonder if they closed in other provinces, too. 

They're also closing five locations in Ontario. Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Brampton, and Ottawa West.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

@38e_avenue wrote:

They're also closing five locations in Ontario. Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Brampton, and Ottawa West.

WOW, this is serious! 

cat_no_see.jpg

Message 18 of 18
latest reply