Is the store subscription fee US or Can. $

Continued from the earlier post.  Just got a reminder to open the store.  It's HURRY DON'T MISS OUT.  Are the bots not registering that all my listings for weeks have ended with no views and certainly no sales.  What would make anyone sign up for a store.  I read others are closing, and leaving in droves.  At some point, the beancounters, if they are human, will have to notice a loss of revenue.  It can't escape notice, that no sales equal no income.  In the past I would pay $60 - 80 fvf per sold item (fur coats, gold and silver).  I changed to less expensive items, when  sales dwindled.  It's too bad no ebay employees at the management level read any of the posts here.  

Even if income is generated from the big vendors, ebay is missing out on income from boutique sellers like me and others.  It is free money  for ebay.  I want nothing, except a venue for my stuff, and since they now piggyback  all kinds of advertising on sellers sites, they are doubledipping.  I'm sure all those ads are not free.

Well, I think I just talked myself out of the store thing.  Cheers.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

For your information, the store monthly fee is charged in the currency of the site you open the store on. On eBay.ca Canada, the fee is in CAN $. On eBay.com USA, it is in US$.

You can only have one eBay store per eBay id and all listing no matter which site you created the listings on are in the eBay store. Currently, the fee structure is the same on eBay.ca Canada and eBay.com USA. That is, a Basic store is $24.95 a month for monthly with no contract (cancel anytime no penalty) and $19.95 a month for a year contract (penalties if you close the store early), a Premium store is 74.95 monthly with no contract (cancel anytime no penalty) and 59.95 monthly year contract (penalties if you close the store early), a Anchor store is 349.95 monthly no contract (cancel anytime no penalty) and 299.95 monthly with year contract (penalties if you close the store early).

Because of the low CDN $ versus the USA $, a Canadian seller should open their store on eBay.ca Canada and be charged the monthly fee in CDN $ instead of eBay.com USA and be charged the monthly fee in USD $. So for a basic store pay $24.95 CDN instead of $24.95 USD saving the exchange rate of 30% plus.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Oops,  wrong heading for the wrong text.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks.  The offer was for a 4 month trial $11.96 per month.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@pinetreecottage wrote:

Thanks.  The offer was for a 4 month trial $11.96 per month.  

Which site made the offer? What currency is the $11.96 per month? If on ebay.com for the store, then in the short term the special at 11.96 USD saves money but in the long term after 4 months, paying in USD on eBay.com will cost 30%+ more than if the store was on eBay.ca Canada in CDN $.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The offer and reminder was from .ca, so I assume it is Can. $

Message 6 of 6
latest reply