Items Will Not Show Up In Search

totr13
Community Member

I've noticed over the past few months that my items will not show up in a general search, and also are not in "newly listed items". Unless I make the search so specific i.e. like putting 5 or 6 words out of my title, then my item comes up, but by its self. One item I listed showed up after approx. 2 hours after listing, then just completely disappeared, I have phoned eBay several times, and the problem still continues. Is anybody else having these problems? Thanks, mark 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

marnotom!
Community Member

How are you sorting your search results in addition to "Time: Newly Listed"?

I just went into incognito mode and did a search for "Miniature Cast Iron Toy Iron" with "Best Match" and eBay claimed 810 results.  One of your listings was only seventh down on the search results list.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The default is Best Match, but there are several other Searches that are also available.

I have a hypothesis that if we Search for something, then do not View it, in our next Search that (apparently unwanted) item will be suppressed and other stuff shown the Searcher did not see before.

But that would not affect Bill next door who is also Searching for the same item, but with slightly different parameters.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi.

@totr13 wrote:

I've noticed over the past few months that my items will not show up in a general search, and also are not in "newly listed items". Unless I make the search so specific i.e. like putting 5 or 6 words out of my title, then my item comes up, but by its self. One item I listed showed up after approx. 2 hours after listing, then just completely disappeared, I have phoned eBay several times, and the problem still continues. Is anybody else having these problems? Thanks, mark 

Hi.
In another thread I reported on a "zombie" listing I had. Other identical items listed at the same time were showing up immediately in my listings list and in my store. The zombie showed in my listings but it didn't show in my store or in any type of search. I editted it in many ways and relisted it a number of times changing the ebay item number 3 times.  Same problem kept occuring for that item. 

After a few days I checked it again. The "zombie" listing was now acting normal and showing in searches and in my store. I think some new listings may take a couple days to "settle in".  Could be a growing pain due to the ongoing re-categorization process. I hope it's not going to be common.

I suggest if you get a listing anomily like that to check the listing for accuracy and if it's OK just wait a couple days for it to settle in. 

IT

Message 4 of 4
latest reply