LIGHT PACKET changed to SMALL PARCEL by system on eBay.ca

Just noticed and was informed by eBay while doing group relisting that my listings with "light packet" shipping options which CPC no longer provides has been replaced by "small parcel".

It is OK for me if shipping time is allowed as before.

However,  it may generate questions from potential buyers of my postcards or similar items whether I can ship item(s) as letter to reduce the shipping cost.  I think it would be better if eBay indicates it as "Economy shipping" instead of "Small parcel".

What are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Light Packet has been discontinued by Canada Post. It’s being replaced by an altered Small Packet postal cost. eBay is only doing what it needs to do and that is replace Light with Small. If you as a seller want to change your estimated dates of delivery, you’ll have to change your shipping preferences.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Light Packet has been discontinued by Canada Post. It’s being replaced by an altered Small Packet postal cost. eBay is only doing what it needs to do and that is replace Light with Small. If you as a seller want to change your estimated dates of delivery, you’ll have to change your shipping preferences.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Also, Light Packet had a shorter EDD than does Small Packet so the number of premature “Where is my order?” questions should, if anything, drop.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

EDD = Estimated Delivery Date
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I doubt many buyers are familiar with Canada Post's nomenclature to notice that Light Packet has disappeared or that it was a form of LetterMail.

Good to know that the delivery time is longer though.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

There is an economy shipping option that you can choose yourself. 

Since buyers in another country have no idea what light packet meant or what small packet means, I doubt that the change in name will generate any extra questions.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes, Canada Post axed Light Packet quite some time ago, and recently someone on the Community here pointed out that due to an oversight it was still an option in the drop-down for one of the listing flows. I passed it to our product team and they were able to take care of it pretty quickly.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply