Listings arent showing under Price+shipping lowest

Hey everyone this is very frustatring and I cant seem to figure out why this is happening. My listings WILL show up just typing into the search bar (second row of senpai haven goddess 4) BUT once I search for Shipping + price lowest only my auction shows up even though I should be the first one displayed.

Once I hit We’ve streamlined your search results to show you the best listings. See more results At that point we can see all of my listing. Why is that? It most certainly destroys my views. Any way to fix this ?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

When I search for "senpai goddess haven" and sort by "Price + Shipping lowest", there are 2900+ listings and it's not showing me all of them. I know this because there is a bar at the top that says "We’ve streamlined your search results to show you the best listings. See more results."

When I click on "See More Results" then your listings show up at the top.

I can also see them if I toggle the item specifics to show only "Buy it Now" listings.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Are you using your own account to Search?

Are you doing the same Search multiple times?
Either may be a reason why the bots are ignoring your own listings, or listings you have already seen and apparently rejected.

Also as @dinomitesales  mentions, make sure you have not accidentally asked to see only Auctions.

What happens when you do a different Search like Highest Price plus Shipping? (a useful Search whenyou don't want to see the garbage listings of parts/counterfeits/used/misdescribed items.)

BTW- Do you normally get multiple orders? Because we are now required to use parcel rates  (which start at $6.35 with an eBay label) to ship to the USA or overseas instead of the more logical Letter Rate (which starts at $1.30).

Even at $1.30 for shipping, you are losing money on a $2.50 sale. There is a flat service fee of 30c + 12.5% on the purchase+shipping +sales tax or $1.17->  even to Alberta. Then there is the cost of your packaging and  the GST on your actual shipping cost.

If your plan is to build feedback while you work up enough sales to get out of the newbie Hold on payments, that's fine. But don't be caught unawares.

You may find you have to bundle your cards to sell profitably.

And you do know you can ship to the USA from a dotCA account, right? You just have to include a US shipping fee .
If you want to get more Canadian buyers, think the other way.

Offer US shipping, but give a Flat Rate that covers your real cost. You will not get m/any US sales.

Don't worry.

Then in those US /dotCOM listing, offer Free Shipping to Canada and put that in the title.

Many Canadians do not know there is an eBayCanada and will never look at this site.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

EBay has done that for a while with the price lowest search method but I have no idea why.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The search defaults to 'Best Match'.

The average eBay buyer apparently uses 'Best Match' to find items. If you have ever sold something with a lot of options, you will notice that when yours sells it is not always because it is the cheapest one. 

While it's a disadvantage if your listing is getting pulled with lowest price, your focus should be on getting the best placement in 'Best Match'. When there are lots of options, eBay seems to remove options they think are less relevant when changing the search function. Ironically, improving the 'Best Match' might prevent your item from not being shown.

• Add as many item specifics as possible.
  • When possible, offer free shipping. (You can roll the shipping price into the item price. Example, $3 item + $2 shipping, offer it for $5 w/ free shipping.)
  • Add multiple photos. 

You also have to consider using the Promoted Listing feature. It is very difficult to sell items that have a lot of competition without promoting them. 

Lowering your price obviously leads to an increase in sales, but within a certain point it having the lowest price isn't the top factor to sell your item. Making your item visible within the top few slots of Best Match is. That doesn't mean that an item that sells for $5 on average can be listed at $20 and it will sell. It means that someone who searches for the item and sees one at $5 at the top of the best match is very likely to click on it, even if someone else has the same item for $4 or $3 but isn't one of the first options they see.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If it is a regular buyer they may have customized their default search to newly listed or to  lowest price but I agree that the lowest price isn't necessarily a selling point.  

For me, best match never is the best match.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply