Listings not showing shipping options to buyers

I know this issue has cropped up in the past, mostly for newer sellers and usually is connected to incorrect measurement minimums when choosing shipping options during the  create a listing.  eBay's system only catches over maximum weights/measurements as an error. Not under. Often things look fine when you are in the process of listing creation but are not so rosey when a customer confirms/checks shipping options.

Just discovered a new way for things to go off the rails. If there is a slight typo with your from postal code within a listing/ original listings settings, the system will ONLY show the customer "Pick Up" as an option. (My situation there was an extra space which caused a format issue. There is no error message from ebay during the send to ebay process.) Remember any updates you make creating either a new listing or a template follow through each time you use. In my situation it was a 1 of. My address is correct and up to date in sellers settings. This does NOT update all current (older) listings. If you use an older listing with the older postal code you need to manually update to the new postal code.

Note: Please do not suggest bulk edit. I have had way too many issues using that tool for basic things.

-Lotz

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@dinomitesales 

So just sold an item and used an eBay 4" x 4" x 4" (basically 12 x 12 x 12 cm)  and plugged the numbers in to create a label. No services appear. Minimum measurement for first is 14 cm. Never had a parcel rejected for this error on all my years using Shippo. Anyone have a good deal on a box stretcher???

-Lotz

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Just change your measurements on the listing form. The charge will be exactly the same.  The calculator is set up the same way the labels so the service isn't shown if the measurements are below Canada Post's "published" miniumums.  As you know, Shippo didn't use the minimums in that way but ebay always has.

I'm curious, were you able to get a label last night?  I was trying to buy and print one for my husband but  kept getting an 'error' when I clicked on buy now.   I ended up doing it on SnapShip and then had a heck of a time entering the tracking number. He doesn't have a Shippo account and I didn't feel like setting one up so it was easier to go on the CP site.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Just change your measurements on the listing form. The charge will be exactly the same.  The calculator is set up the same way the labels so the service isn't shown if the measurements are below Canada Post's "published" miniumums.  As you know, Shippo didn't use the minimums in that way but ebay always has.

I'm curious, were you able to get a label last night?  I was trying to buy and print one for my husband but  kept getting an 'error' when I clicked on buy now.   I ended up doing it on SnapShip and then had a heck of a time entering the tracking number. He doesn't have a Shippo account and I didn't feel like setting one up so it was easier to go on the CP site.

@pjcdn2005 

Again it was something only noted with this eBay Labels shipment. Didn't need to fudge the numbers with Shippo. Just upgraded the the 12cm to 14 cm and it processed. Due to cubing sellers would be best to use the smallest available box for any items they are mailing. A bit silly for eBay to provide a box that doesn't meet CP standards. Well and good it works in the USA but it's Canadian buyers that are purchasing from the ca store to meet their needs.

As for Shippo I've had to stop using completely. Their only accepted method of payment going forward is CP. PayPal has been discontinued. If they were to match the Level 4 discount I would consider switching back. Their customs form is 100 times more system standard compared to the barebones version provided with eBay Labels. 

My label printed fine last night. No error messages what so ever.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

As for Shippo I've had to stop using completely. Their only accepted method of payment going forward is CP.

CP?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Sorry meant CC. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply